Dummy disabled Dell display driver

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2005 8:22:04 PM

Some dummy (that would be me) disabled the display driver while trying
to correct a resolution problem on a Dell Inspiron notebook running
Windows XP Professional.

Any advice on how to re-enable it? I tried restarting in safe mode,
with VGA enabled and other possible modes (last configuration that
worked, etc.) and have had no luck. Screen goes blank shortly after
turning PC on when it tries to start Windows. It hangs up when trying
to start in safe mode with a bunch of characters on the screen.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 8, 2005 10:57:31 AM

BJS wrote:
> Some dummy (that would be me) disabled the display driver while trying
> to correct a resolution problem on a Dell Inspiron notebook running
> Windows XP Professional.
>
> Any advice on how to re-enable it? I tried restarting in safe mode,
> with VGA enabled and other possible modes (last configuration that
> worked, etc.) and have had no luck. Screen goes blank shortly after
> turning PC on when it tries to start Windows. It hangs up when trying
> to start in safe mode with a bunch of characters on the screen.

Looks like time to do a repair install of XP; boot with the XP
installation CD.