Your Thoughts Long Needed Build

The_Lurker

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: ( Black Friday to Cyber Monday 2010))

Budget Range: (e.g.: 2000ish) before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Gaming, Music, Movies web )

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ebay, )

Country of Origin: (e.g.: USA)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.:Would like Full Tower Intel, ATI But Open to others)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1920x1200)

Hi,

Longtime Lurker and you know the gig...

Well let me lay down the specs and brace and hold yourself now...

OS - Win XP Home Edition
Mobo - AN8 SLI Deluxe Socket 939
Cpu - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ Model 11, Stepping 1 @ 2.6Ghz
Mem - Corsair XPS DDR PC2700 2gigs timing not sure
GPU - Asus EAH4850 512mb Runs Hot!!
HDD - 74 Raptor (os) 320 WD Caviar (Storage) External 2TB Seagate (more Storage)
Sound - X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series with Cheesy 2.1 Creative speakers
Drive - Sony dvd-rw 2nd LG dvd-rw
Monitor - 17" emachine Model E17T6W (was given to me)
Case - XG Viper (old one not the new one)
PSU - Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480w

Laptop - Gateway FX P-7805u

So that's what i been running with and I think its time for a new rig :D
being the old (lol) system that it is, It really can't be upgraded at least I don't think.
What I do with this computer is Everything. Now with the new build I will mainly game,
as this Oldie but well ill say Dependable computer will just be used for email, surf the web stuff like that.
As for the games Im looking to play, I would like to have a system to play everything at 1920 x 1200 being Max setting or close to. Coming from my current rig im sure medium settings will have me like WOW :eek: ( little joke) :lol: . As for my price limit Ill get to that in a min. I thinking a side from the 1920 x 1200 monitor i would like to hook it up to my
HDTV Sony XBR6 52" and sound system:
AVR Onxyo NR906
Paradigm Millenia 200
Monitor
CC-390 v5
Surrounds Studio 490v4
I know mix up but sound is amazing
Bluray ps3 and have xbox360 since im laying everything down...

Price for the Tower I'm thinking of around 2k give or take. I've read a lot of reviews and posts a lot of gear combos. Asus mobo i have has been good besides having to add a fan to the chipset no problems. The Asus 4850 its HOT i want components that run cool from stock so looks like ill be staying away from fermi as i hear they run hot. Everything else I'm open to. Stuff like running raid, SSD for os them kind of ideas will help. I'll get the monitor, keyboard and mouse on separate budget. Razor Mamba mouse, g18 keyboard. I'm looking to buy on Blackfriday but then I hear New chips will be out from Intel Sandy Bridge the Hd6xxx are around the corner which should be out before the buy date. I've been waiting a long time to update. I'm in a confused state one what to do... hope I to hear some great thoughts from you guys as i know i will. Please give your Ideas on what I should do or get started with Thanks A lot.