Gaming system ~1500$, help me pick which one :)

sjow

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Hey guys ! Recently found this forum and I'm amazed of the population, seems awesome :)

I've come over two different systems, but I dunno which one to choose. Mostly I just play games, but I like to play around with programs and have many running at the same time.

Anyway, here is the propositions:

dator%201.jpg

dator%202.jpg

Don't worry about the numbers and stuff, swedish crowns. I bet you still get it :)

There is just some thoughts :sweat: and they're mostly about the motherboard

I'm mostly thinking about how the GPU speed is gonna be affected. In i5 it normally runs 16x single right, and 8x/8x in SLI? I'm thinking about getting a soundcard too, so what would it make it? Turn them down to 4x or even 1x? The difference between 16x/16x and 8x/8x is minimal iirc.

The other thing about the motherboard is also affected by the GPU. The card is a Gigabyte 470 SOC, and as you can see it doesn't have external exhaust. That's why I've chosen those motherboards, cause they have extra space between the PCI-e holders. Is that a good idea or do you have a better solution?

And two more small question, excuse me for being annoying :/

Does all those thing fit in the HAF 912? I'd love to have a smaller computer, or is it like "frame" in english?

And I was thinking about some corsair dominator ddr3's, but I don't think they fit with that CPU-cooler, if I'm not mistaken.

Other thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
First one! First one!

Don't get a sound card, x8 vs x16 is about 1-2 Frames per second difference, don't worry!

Yes, all fit in Haf 912. Dominators do not fit under the cooler with the heat spreaders, they are bad anyways.. don't get them.

The GTX470 you picked is fine.

sjow

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010

Why shouldn't I get a soundcard? :( Not for the time being but I'm thinking of buying one till newyear or so

Is it gonna affect a future SLI? Like turning down the speed, or is there another reason for not getting one?

Thanks!