• Chipsets
  • Sandy Bridge
  • Dolby
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 1, 2011 11:48:00 PM

Hiya,
I'm trying to find a Sandy Bridge motherboard that has Dolby Digital Live. The only ones I can see mentioning Dolby Home Theater (which has DDL) are Gigabyte boards.

Do any other manufacturers support DDL or is it just Gigabyte. I did see DDL mentioned on a Biostar board reviewed on here but see no mention of it in the specs on their website.

Thanksing you
Chris

More about : sandy boards dolby digital live

September 2, 2011 1:16:59 AM

Actually I was wrong about the Biostar, it was actually the Gigabyte. Looks like I will need to get a Gigabyte board or a separate soundcard if I want DDL.
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2013 4:45:45 PM

Xonar DS is probably the cheapest to get DTS connect (if you must have DDL, then read on) DTS connect does the same thing, it puts 5.1 into a SPDIF output for a receiver to decode. If you are using a receiver that has DD, it probably also does DTS, but maybe not hence the need for DDL.

My personal suggestion is to get a xonar DX, its actually pretty fantastic, I've had one for 2 years almost and it beats the tar out of anything I've used before or since. I have also been reading about Creative Recon3d, that looks like its a good card as well, but without the great xonar sound quality.
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2013 4:47:01 PM

To your original question - motherboards and their makers must license DDL for each model, so it's not always available on a manufacturer's entire line of boards, if at all. They seem to not include this very often these days.
!