Canon A75

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 7, 2005 11:30:12 PM

hi,
Santa left me a lovely A75 for Christmas.Now being a good boy I did lots
of research before putting it on my present list.And my photos seem to be a
lot lower quality than those on "steves digicams" web site.
Now although I was a fairly keen emulsion old boy.I don't know a lot about
digi.
So have you got one? what do you think? Have you any tips for using this
camera?
Many thanks
Concretefingers

More about : canon a75

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 11:30:13 PM

"elizebeth latham" <el004j2295@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o jCDd.65400$48.15182@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> hi,
> Santa left me a lovely A75 for Christmas.Now being a good boy I did
> lots of research before putting it on my present list.And my photos seem
> to be a lot lower quality than those on "steves digicams" web site.
> Now although I was a fairly keen emulsion old boy.I don't know a lot about
> digi.
> So have you got one? what do you think? Have you any tips for using this
> camera?
> Many thanks
> Concretefingers

What settings are you using for image size and compression?
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 11:30:13 PM

EL wrote : my photos(with a CanonA75 seem to be a lot lower quality than
those on "steves digicams" web site.
So have you got one? what do you think?

I chose the A75 (vs 85 or 95) as my first digital photo experience ( the 2nd
week of Dec / pre Christmas sale) because I translated the pixel situation
to not be so relevant if the resulting images are to be used in a web
context or on a computer. I have not used it at the 6 * 4 setting or
postcard setting. I have used the second from the maximum and the maximum
setting. I tried the middle of the road and the Fine resolution. Afterwards
in Paint Shop Pro there is minimal to adjust( rarely chromatic blur stuff)
Mainly, I'm just resizing the huge original image. The SCN/snow setting
produced excellent sunny, white snow and I tested that against the regular
auto setting which resulted in a blue cast. As long as I'm leaning against
something I don't create a shake factor which is a blur so the 3x optical
zoom requires a little more effort than 'point and shoot'. Out of 20 shots
at a time there would be one not so terrific and when I went to trying out
the zoom and night shots then 1 out of 3 were acceptable.
If its a total disaster it can be deleted right away but I have been
learning so I examined all efforts until I got a handle on what I was seeing
through the viewer (both LCD and optical) Within a week of constant practise
I had moved into the artsy type content which gives me interesting stuff to
play around with in the photo edit program Paint Shop Pro.
I might not have been correct in my thinking to go with 3.2 pixels but I'm
not dissatisfied with the results or the feel of the camera at this point.
My idea was to get proficient on this camera and move up to the high end. I
handled a higher end one the other day and it sure felt bulky and not part
of my hands so I have some time to practise with this model that fits nicely
into my oversized hands before I'll jump into the super models.
Rose
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 10:31:27 AM

Thanks Rose, I have red through the manual, and started how to use the
camera properly! I think I'm been over fussy.

!