URGENT - P8P67 pro Ethernet port issue

just--sk8

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole asking for help on forums, but i wonder if you can help me.

I recently bought new parts for my gaming build which all work fine from what i can see except my motherboards Ethernet port.

Basically the problem is the connection is not detecting from my router. I've been searching the net for the last couple days looking for a fix.
I've tried updated the Ethernet/Lan drivers from the Asus site. But it won't update.
I've installed all the drivers that come on the disk with the motherboard.
In the list when i run the application it says an install complete status next to all the main drivers, except the Lan drivers.
No matter what i do i cant get them to install.
The lights on the back of my motherboard Ethernet port blink orange and yellow.

I really don't know what to do.
Ask you know, a computer is pretty useless without internet.
Please reply if you have any idea as to why this is occuring :(

just--sk8

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Yes, that's actually the first thing i checked.

Things I've tried so far:

- Checked that on board LAN adapter is enabled.
- Downloading the latest LAN drivers from the ASUS website.
- Update driver options through device manager after doing a full uninstall of the current (apparently installed) LAN drivers.

This is actually the first motherboard I've had that didn't automatically install and detect the LAN adapter and drivers. Usually its as easy as plugging in the Ethernet cable and I'm on the internet.

I thought maybe trying to install the latest bios, but when ever i plug my USB device in the comp wont start. I'm guessing this is because the comp is trying to boot of the external.

TRENDING THREADS