Samsung 840 pro VERY SLOW Ran. Read/Write

ALWAYSBLESS

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hey guys, im new here and new to ssds. I just purchased a 128gb Samsung 840 Pro and have done a clean install on my lenovo n585 laptop. But when I run benchmarks to test me read write speeds they are slower then the advertised speeds even after running the magician software os tuning. My seq reads are 433mbs and my seq write is 379 (CrystalDiskMark). But what really worries me is my random read and random write. My random read is 19189, and my random write is 17231. These drives are rated at 90,000 - 100,000 I believe. Ive already tried installing the latest chipset drivers and making sure the bios was set to ahci and the device manager shows ahci. So im not quite sure what the problem is here.. have any of you guys seen low iops scores like this before? and if so what was the cause? Thx in advance!

game junky

Distinguished
Does it have SATAIII ports? I have seen laptop motherboards support SATA 6 Gbps but that's been within the last year. If it it's a SATAII (3Gbps), then you'll be pretty limited.

I just started purchasing the 840 Pros since the 830s are out of stock most places and performance seems to be comparable, even a little better for sequential write speeds.