PC Freezes Randomly (3 times a day)

Hello!
I wasn't too sure about where to post this topic, I'm fairly sure this is about either memory or the mobo.

Anyway, my old PC keeps freezing, I've reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64-bit so it's probably not software-related.
It's running 4 gigs of DDR3 1600mhz from kingtson (two sticks, each 2048mb)
I'm running memtest86+ as we speak.
Could it be bios-related? I doubt it... But what if my previous win 7 install was different, or older.. might it be a windows update that caused it?
Wait... I actually ran ubuntu linux 32-bit for a few days and I don't recall it freezing... hmmm, or maybe I'm wrong. I could install another linux distro and let it stay on for a few days and see what happens.

Anyway, what do you guys think? might it be the power supply? It's certainly big enough. 500 or 600 watts. I'm just running 1 3gbps sata hdd and a few fans. as well as my Q6600 quad core.

All help is highly appreciated, if someone has any idea as to what I can do to test it further. or find the issue, I won't need to spend my money on going to the computer store and letting them test-bench the whole thing.

Thanks! :D
2 answers Last reply
More about freezes randomly times
  1. It should be noted that, when it freezes, nothing happens. the image on the screen stays the same and all audio suddenly stops. no crackling, just stops.

I know the GFX Card is fine because I've used it on my other PC for a long time.
  2. try to install win7 32 bit... hope it works...
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards