Sign in with
Your question

Help,pc wont turn on when its not plugged in

Last response: in Motherboards
September 2, 2011 2:20:56 PM

Guys I wondering if you could help me. Basically when ever its not plugged into the wall socket, it will not turn on, i get nothing on screen. I have pressed the on button 1000 times, but still nothing. Only way to get it to boot is plugging that thing in to the wall. Any ideas what the problem is. I only just built this and I am losing sleep over this.

Specs:

I5 2500K @5GHZ
ANTEC KUHLER 620
ASUS P8P67-M PRO
8GB CORSAIR VENGANCE RAM
750w Coolermaster GX750
HAF X
6950 XFIRE FLASHED TO 6970 SAPPHIRE BIOS
64GB SSD CRUCIAL M4
1TB SAMSUNG HD SATAIII

Thanks

More about : wont turn plugged

a c 717 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 2:45:50 PM

dhicks19 said:
...Basically when ever its not plugged into the wall socket, it will not turn on, i get nothing on screen. I have pressed the on button 1000 times, but still nothing. Only way to get it to boot is plugging that thing in to the wall. Any ideas what the problem is.

Yeah, unless your PC has it's own built-in battery or nuclear power supply --- it needs THE A/C POWER.
September 2, 2011 3:00:06 PM

what? i come on here for help and i get this? i bought a self generating power supply, said there is no need to plug it in.
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 3:11:02 PM

Then the PC needs to get 'Plugged Into' something, reread your first post objectively again. It says nothing about a self generating power supply...the CM GX750 requires A/C power.

Q - What "self generating power supply"? Provide a link.
September 2, 2011 3:12:18 PM

im confused the guy who i bought the psu off said it dont need to be plugged in. I never had a computer before so i issume all of them dont need electricity?
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 3:20:54 PM

I'll edit above for your sake.

Nope, it 100% requires A/C power from the wall - up to 750 Watts+. The PSU simply transforms A/C 120/220v into various DC volts. It's capacitors might hold enough energy for a few seconds if that unplugged.

If the guy you bought it from said otherwise then he's mistaken big-time!!!
September 2, 2011 3:22:51 PM

ok well the funny thing is that my freezer, when not plugged in, food becomes unfrozen? do you know why it would be doing that
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 3:33:57 PM

The freezer needs power to run a pump to compress the 'refrigerant gas' and when it expands the temperature drops to ~-27F. Read this -> http://home.howstuffworks.com/refrigerator4.htm

Therefore, without power the 'cycle' stops and the Ambient {room} temperature heats the refrigerator and it's contents overcoming the insulation properties of the refrigerator.

Anyway, do you understand now what's going on with you computer and refrigerator? Do you have any other 'PC' computer related questions?
September 2, 2011 4:01:26 PM

lolololololololol
September 2, 2011 5:01:24 PM

is this for real????
September 2, 2011 5:59:02 PM

Hahaha best thread ever!
You couldn't have a system that good and be this inept so well done troll :kaola: 
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 6:48:38 PM

Spoiler
September 16, 2011 1:04:23 PM

think i kinda gettin it now but could you explain that when i want to use the hair dryer it doesnt work. I sit there for hours holdin it on my head and it dont dry. It has one of those plug thingies the same as the pc has but just dangles there, i use it to wrap around my arm so its secure, i think its for that. It dont make a noise altho i fort this is normal as i paid extra for a quiet one. Anyway for nw i gettin my gf to blow down the top of it whilse the other end is used to dry the hair. takes a few hours but get there eventually
September 16, 2011 3:36:38 PM

It is drying, just really slowly. You need to OC it to speed it up.
a c 75 V Motherboard
September 16, 2011 8:13:11 PM

I am sorry but it sounds like you are facing the dreaded I.D. 10 t error. Be warned this error can follow you around.

Thanks for the laugh :D 

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
September 20, 2011 11:36:00 AM

Ok, i took the dryer apart looking to overclock it as vollman suggested, however i cant find a cpu anywhere, however i have managed to get it working a bit better, i used a square 5v batter and connected the fan wires to it and it spins.guess i will buy tons of square batteries
September 20, 2011 2:42:16 PM

also i just bought a lg optimus 3d mobile. Right, it worked for around a day or so, perfect, was well happy, then i noticed in the top right corner, a level that went from green to red. Then boom, phone went off, wud not turn back on. Tried everything, so now i have it stripped right down and i cant see anything wrong. any ideas?
!