Making my Dual Monitor setup stay as I want it

graco

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hi.

I have an external flat panel LCD display attached to a my laptop computer.

Everything is working great, however....

I have the laptop set up on the right side as my Primary or Main display, and have Extended the desktop onto the external LCD, which sits to the left. By going into the Control Panel I am able to make this work perfectly.

HOWEVER, when I reboot the machine, put it to sleep, etc. and then start it up again, it always switches back to making the LCD my Primary display.

Does anybody know this this always reverts back to that setting?

Is there a way to make it so the laptop stays as my Primary display???

Just a thought I've had while trying to fix this: When I "Identify" the monitors in the control panel, the laptop display always identifies as "2" because it sits on the RIGHT side. That's always the case, even when it is the Primary display. This might the be issue, but I can't seem to make the Laptop identify as display "1"

Maybe that's not even the issue, though.

PLEASE HELP!!

THANK YOU!!

Helltech

Distinguished

That shouldn't be the reason, my displays are like that and they work fine.

Do you have a Nvidia control panal or Catalyst Control Center on that computer?

graco

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hi - I did not think that was the issue, but it was just a thought. For whatever reasons, my control panel monitor settings simply won't save when exit and reenter Windows. Very frustrating.

I do have an Nvidia control panel but am unsure how it works and how it can can solve the problem. I can explore that some more when I get back home, but in the meantime, if you can provide any insight into how the Nvidia control panel might solve the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to help!