New build problems

Hello,
I just need some help. I built 3 computers and have not run into anything i could'nt solve until now. I just completed an I7 950 build on a gigabyte X58A-UDR3 motherboard rev.2.0 when i plug in the computer i get nothing am going to have psu tested this morning. Where the Antec 900 two cases power button plugs into the motherboard it has a two prong line and the motherboard has three prongs do i need and adapter or is this an issue
5 answers Last reply
More about build problems
  1. You should be able to just split the connector from the case in two and use the two outer pins on the motherboard, the forward one being - the aft +. If that is not the issue here is a good guide to follow http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems
  2. Yep, downloaded your motherboard manual and confirmed it. The power switch pinout is 2-pin and the power LED is 3-pin. You are trying to connect to the wrong pinout on the motherboard.
  3. Yes top row pins 3+ and 4- from the left is the pwr switch.
  4. i just got back from testing psu. so i will get out my manual and look at it again thanks
  5. thanks for the help. trying to load windows 7. If i encouter any problems if you could help i would appreicate it alot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Motherboards New Build Systems