Downloading to second hard drive

flizzer

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I have a brand new computer with a 120GB SSD and 1 TB mechanical drive. I partitiioned the hard drive and it shows up when I click on computer. But evertyime I download something it automatically is stored on the SSD. I tried downloading a MMO and I wanted to put it on the second drive, but it doesnt even give me the option. Im sure I am missing something obvious. I am using windows 7.

Thanks

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
If you open My Computer, do you see C:, D:, and maybe E: if you have a disc reader?

What I think is going on is that you have not initialized, partitioned and formatted the second HDD.

Right Click on My Computer, goto Manage
In the Computer Management Console that just appeared, goto Disk Management.
You should be auto prompted to initialize the disk. Basically keep hitting next until finished

this youtube vid is not bad if you have any serious probs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rqn5ubXo18

flizzer

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Actually, I did initialize/partion the disk. It is showing up when I click on my computer. Whenever I try to download a game , it is automatically stored on my SSD. It doesnt ask me what drive to install on. Ive tried downloading three different games and they all automatically story on the SSD. How do I change this?

flizzer

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Okay, I think I realized what I was doing wrong. I had to download to my library and then manually drag to the hard drive I wanted to put it on. I am new to Windows 7 so I guess this is second nature to most people. Sorry to bother