Sign in with
Your question

9400gt fan not running

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 25, 2010 1:48:58 PM

hello my en9400gt with heatsink and fan is a good
60 degress warm and if i touch it with my hand it will pretty much burn it to a crisp so i checked why and notice my fan havent been running for a pretty long time up to 2 weeks i suspect, all i know is that i plugged out the fan while spraying it with a cleaner then i plugged it back in but now it aint runnings is there eny way of replacing or putting an external fan on there and can there be a problem with the power for the fan??

More about : 9400gt fan running

a b U Graphics card
August 25, 2010 2:11:25 PM

I really don't feel to inclined towards suggesting a fan change! Have you tried using RivaTuner? If not, get that from the web:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Once downloaded, change the fan speed and see if that helps...
a c 172 U Graphics card
August 25, 2010 3:22:22 PM

Lol the fan is screwed. If it has not been spinning for 2 weeks the coil inside the fan is fried meaning shorted and in not likely to be fixed. I suggest that you replace the fan or buy a new cooler for your card. before it kills your card. Once a fan jams it will begin to overheat slowly and eventually short out. Worse it will begin to smoke. Worse case it will catch fire and melt the plastic then you will really know what happened.
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 25, 2010 6:32:00 PM

Quote:
hello my en9400gt with heatsink and fan is a good
60 degress warm and if i touch it with my hand it will pretty much burn it to a crisp so i checked why and notice my fan havent been running for a pretty long time up to 2 weeks i suspect, all i know is that i plugged out the fan while spraying it with a cleaner then i plugged it back in but now it aint runnings is there eny way of replacing or putting an external fan on there and can there be a problem with the power for the fan??

Reset the fan plug, see if that helps. Make sure the fan isn't on 0 percent in a utility like MSI Afterburner.

If it is dead, you can just mod your own fan on the heatsink (not sure what the card looks like) and you would probably get better temps anyway.
a c 189 U Graphics card
August 26, 2010 3:09:00 AM

are you a gamer?
If yes, then it's a good time to move with real "gaming" card, 9400GT is just too weak.
GT240 or HD5670 are a good card, not too expensive...
!