Sign in with
Your question

SSD Problem

Last response: in Storage
January 18, 2013 2:10:57 AM

I just got an Intel 330 180gb SSD and ever since I have installed it, it has been causing intermittent hanging and freezing. This only happens when I am web browsing and sometimes playing games.

What happens is that it randomly shows the loading cursor and suddenly I am not able to open, click on or control anything except actually moving the mouse on the screen. After about 10-30 seconds, the system comes back to normal and just resumes all activity.

I know this is my SSD because I have a previous Hitachi 1TB HDD inside my system with W7 64 on it and when booted off of, the whole system works flawlessly.

It started doing this hanging/freezing about 30 days into my 1ST install on the SSD and I am currently on my 3RD. My first was in IDE mode so I thought that was the problem. For my 2ND, I installed it in AHCI and it still continued. On my 3RD, I did not know whether it was the OS's fault or not, so I just installed on IDE again. It still does this.

I have updated the motherboard drivers to the fullest as I could.

-What can I do to stop this from recurring again?
-Do I need to update anything else?
-Anything else I could do?

Please help!

More about : ssd problem

a c 504 G Storage
January 18, 2013 2:30:08 AM

Try updating your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version.
Also make sure your SSD is on its latest firmware version.
January 18, 2013 2:32:50 AM

Dereck47 said:
Try updating your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version.
Also make sure your SSD is on its latest firmware version.

Actually, the time around that it started happening, I did update my bios to the latest version, so maybe that could be the culprit. Maybe it was a negative effect of the MOBO bios being newer and the SSD having older firmware. Thanks, I'll try it out.
!