Sign in with
Your question

The best way to recover dtata from a corrupted hard drive

Last response: in Storage
January 18, 2013 2:18:57 AM

Hello,
i have toshiba 2.0 500 GB hard drive my computer is detecting but not displaying the contents in it. when i check properties then it shows the used space so whats the method the get back my data.
January 19, 2013 1:34:11 AM

1. Try to show them out:
Sometimes, you may accidentally hide them without realizing it. You need to show then again:
Start => Run => Type in “control folders” and press “OK” =>Click “View” and hook “Show hidden files and folders”=> Press “OK”.
2. If that doesn't work, your drive may be logically damages as sdrs1086 writes. You are supposed to recover your data back at the aid of a drive recovery freeware: http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-repair-cor...
Note: If you want to get back your data completely, you should never rewrite the original data. The rewritten data can be erased forever.
You also should get a good habit to back up your important data regularly in the future.
Best wishes!
m
l
a c 122 G Storage
January 19, 2013 2:19:56 AM

Best way to recover is from your backup source. Other than that, Disaster Recovery software is the next option but consider yaself extremely lucky if you get everything back.
m
l
!