Cant run wow in full screen

G

hi i run 2 x xfx ati radeon hd4850's in crossfire.
when playing wow i can run it no problem at max settings etc in windowed mode but as soon as i try and run it in maximised mode it just goes nuts, i get tearing and all sorts of other wierd stuff.
can anyone help or point me in the right direction to a solution

thx :)

G

sorry forgot to say it dont matter what dettings i use from max to min i still get the same issues

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Is this a legal copy of the game??
If it is then try the game on your friends computer and if the same problem occurs there it means there is problem with the game itself as other games are running well on your system.

G

yes it is a legal version of the game :) i run the same game on a laptop and have no issues apart from it being a bit laggy, i can get the game to recognise the crossfire configuration but i cant get the graphics to stabalise, ive tried various settings in the catalyst centre and had no solution :(
was hoping i might find an answer or something i missed

G

i have the latest att ccc and drivers, would getting older drivers possibly help?

WoW is very different from most games. The game can be freely downloaded and will update from a live server. However you have to pay to be able to play on a Blizzard server aka retail. You can play on private servers but they are only server side emulation. Also it can be somewhat picky at time yet still run on ancient DX8 crap.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
But still what plznote says is right there is problems in running wow in crossfire as an mid range gc will be enough for running it on high settings...so disabling crossfire will surely help..