rawrstar

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi everyone,
Well so this is my first time going to buy at cyberpowerpc.com and I'm going to go pick it up when its ready since its not too far off for me to pick up.
I was wondering if you guys can help me decide if this system will run, or crash and burn when i try booting it. If any criticisms vs the system i tried configuring or any case suggestions(cause i have no idea what case to pick) Any help would be great :D thanks. Oh and should i deal with the IEEE1394 card? and built in or external wireless card? ._.

Hello,
Everyone! :) Okay so i'm having trouble on deciding what case to buy and if this system configuration will work. Please help me out if you have any idea if i will crash and burn or be okay. Thanks :)

Case: NZXT M59 Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Window
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Cooling Fan: NZXT Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

Motherboard: ASUS M4A77T/USB3 AMD 770 Chipset Hardware Core Unlocker DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-II, RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI

Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1800MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Palit Sonic Platinum 800MHz Core Powered by NVIDIA)

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply

Hard Drive: 1.5TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD(Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None

External Wireless Network Card: None

IEEE1394 Card: None

USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

- Is 28$ more for the 1.5 tb vs the 1tb worth the harddrive? tryin to save money and gettin a decent system ._. thanks again!

Solution
The 5850 will be an improvement on the 460 but the 460 is in no way a bad card(They're normally up against 5770's on benchmark stuff),

i was just trying to up it a little for you, feel free to keep that as your choice if the costs better for you, and I never advise on cases because I feel there a personal thing, I may like xxxx case and you think it looks hideous :)
Moto

rawrstar

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
that currently costs me 826$, but so are the 460gtx vs 5850 like preference? ive seen benchmarks both differing on both cards so i have no clue, if i drop everything you said, itll be about 780$, and got any idea on the case?

The 5850 will be an improvement on the 460 but the 460 is in no way a bad card(They're normally up against 5770's on benchmark stuff),

i was just trying to up it a little for you, feel free to keep that as your choice if the costs better for you, and I never advise on cases because I feel there a personal thing, I may like xxxx case and you think it looks hideous :)
Moto

Solution