Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Hi folks,

I'm wondering which of these 3 cards be best:
-Asus ENGTX 460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5
-Palit GTX 460 1GB Sonic Platinium
-Galaxy GTX 460 Super OC 1GB

Solution
If the card is clocked higher thats called a factory overclock, if you get a GTX 460 you will be overclocking it yourself anyway. And you can overclock any GTX 460 to its SuperClocked Edtion clocks with ease. The DirectCU edition has very good cooling by the way.

Also you can't go wrong with the Cylcone as decode said, the difference between the two is really little so personal preference can be a big deciding factor there.

Unless you're trying to save a dollar I wouldn't get anything but those two.

Also if you are in the US this deal might still be good.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6500400&SRCCODE=HARDOCPJS&cm_mmc_o=dRqJ4mCjCZ-qKR2VCjC2zfGpjnoCjC4SDnCiSxi

Add the promo code FYL5221...

dwinzo

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
oh ok.

but the asus only has 775 mhz core frequency factory clocked; while the palit at 800 and galaxy at 810. what makes the asus the best then?

i read that palit has gud cooling factor but not for the vram while the galaxy is pretty loud. still curious though as i too read that the galaxy super oc is the fastest gtx 460 series out atm.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Asus produces better quality products which are stabler and last for longer. SFAIK the Asus is the best followed by the MSi as Helltech said, The MSi will come in cheaper than the asus more likely however while not sacrificing a noticeable amount of quality.

I also recommend EVGA however there inline with Asus expense wise.

I currently have a 9800GT LPE from Galaxy, Ill be upgrading to a HIS or similar 6xxx series card soon.

Helltech

Distinguished
If the card is clocked higher thats called a factory overclock, if you get a GTX 460 you will be overclocking it yourself anyway. And you can overclock any GTX 460 to its SuperClocked Edtion clocks with ease. The DirectCU edition has very good cooling by the way.

Also you can't go wrong with the Cylcone as decode said, the difference between the two is really little so personal preference can be a big deciding factor there.

Unless you're trying to save a dollar I wouldn't get anything but those two.

Also if you are in the US this deal might still be good.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6500400&SRCCODE=HARDOCPJS&cm_mmc_o=dRqJ4mCjCZ-qKR2VCjC2zfGpjnoCjC4SDnCiSxi

Add the promo code FYL5221, brings the card down to 210. Not sure if its on backorder or anything, however.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS