Sign in with
Your question

Thinking of buying thermal paste, a few questions

Last response: in Components
January 5, 2011 4:15:41 PM

Hey guys, so Im thinking of buying thermal paste for my i5-750 in my brand new PC I built. I just had a few questions.

I am thinking of buying the Arctic Silver 5 --> http://goo.gl/gaHcY

Seems like a pretty solid buy, the info in the description makes it sound like even though it's thermal paste they put a lotta thought into it haha.

So how do I apply thermal paste? Obviously I put it on the CPU, but if Im not mistaken you wanna spread it evenly? Any heads up or tips on how I should apply it?

Also, how important is it really? Personally I know it's just kind of nice to have it but not crucial or anything, but Im guessing it would help quite a bit versus the stock paste on the HSF with the i5-750 or any other CPU for that matter.

So yeah go ahead and educate me on thermal paste, tell me whatever you think I need to know ^^

Thanks for your time
January 5, 2011 4:32:35 PM

Not to be rude but you gave me pages and pages to read, I can do that myself on Google too, it'd be nice if I got feedback on the item I suggested, or which cooler to use, or how to apply it.

I want personal comments, anyone can go read how to do something, that's not what this forum is for.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2011 4:45:24 PM

personal experience doesn carry as much weight as professional reviews,this forum is bout giving you the best info for your specific needs and not bout what every user here thinks is the best for them
m
l
January 5, 2011 7:37:05 PM

Is that only available off that site? Better and cheaper you say?
m
l
January 5, 2011 8:12:18 PM

I was hoping for Newegg
m
l
January 5, 2011 8:17:59 PM

MX-2, MX-3, TX-2 or TX-3
m
l
January 6, 2011 4:37:45 AM

Newegg does not have IC Diamond but the products saint19 recommended are close to as good and probably on the egg. I participated in some testing of the IC Diamond products here on the forums and was very impressed as it was better than several other good compounds I normally use so I recommend it now. frozencpu.com is totally legit though.
m
l
January 6, 2011 1:38:19 PM

anort3 said:
Newegg does not have IC Diamond but the products saint19 recommended are close to as good and probably on the egg. I participated in some testing of the IC Diamond products here on the forums and was very impressed as it was better than several other good compounds I normally use so I recommend it now. frozencpu.com is totally legit though.

This. Frozen CPU is a little expensive IMO, my last components was bought from Siderwindercomputers and performance-pcs, both has very good price and very similar component that Frozen CPU.
m
l
!