System Restore and Removable Drive Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I have a problem, repeatable, getting System Restore to work when
removable drives (in this case software based drives that are mounted
as needed). are used.

What happens is this. Even though the drives are tagged as DISABLED
within the system restore screen, they do not maintain that setting
from one boot to another, it's as if XP is unable to remember the
setting , even though the drive Letters are not being changed.

When a drive without 200 meg free is mounted, it disables SR and
all restore points are lost.

Does anyone have a solution to this annoying problem?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, this is by design. See: http://snipurl.com/hcw6

--
Regards,