Sign in with
Your question

Issues with system wakeup from sleep

Last response: in Systems
October 9, 2010 10:05:42 PM

I built a new system recently and everything is working great except when system sleeps and wakes up.

i have two issues

1. To wake up the system from sleep - When I move the mouse or press keyboard or even the power button in the system. The case fans start running case lights up and everything but my system actually does not start i..e no output in the monitor i do not see the bios start screen and windows resume screen.
Now I go to the powersupply switch turn it off and then on again and then press the power button on the system ..now the system really starts and i see bios screen and it going to resume windows.

2. when it resumes the time to resume is almost 2-3 times the boot up time i expected it to be otherway.. do u know what to do to speed up this ?

I have not changed or played with any of the bios settings for suspend/resume from the default values.

System Config:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor- BE
Motherboard gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
Seagate 1TB HDD
GSKILL 4GB (2x2GB) F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Case: antec 300 illusion
PSU OCZ500MXSP 500W RT
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
October 9, 2010 10:28:11 PM

probably not a hardware issue

send Bill Gates a strongly worded letter about Windows having issues
m
l
October 9, 2010 11:17:50 PM

I had a problem very very similar to yours, and after a long time of research and testing i was able to narrow it down to a motherboard problem.
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2010 12:50:24 AM

oz73942 said:
I had a problem very very similar to yours, and after a long time of research and testing i was able to narrow it down to a motherboard problem.

Did u identify what kind of problem it was in motherboard? should I contact Gigabyte support ?
m
l
October 10, 2010 3:15:54 PM

With mine what was happening is that it would it go to sleep, and i wouldnt be able to wake it up no way what so ever. Then i would turn it off and most of the time i wouldnt get no bios, no beeps, nothing, just cpu fan would go crazy. I would have to shut it off and on a couple times before it finally booted up and worked perfectly.

What i did to it was a complete teardown, cleaned everything and applied some new cpu paste, but still nothing. Then i started testing all other parts one by one. When ever the ram or hd was out i would never get it to post or give me any beeps at all. This is what lead me to narrow it down to a mobo problem. The fact that it wouldnt post, and that i had replaced every other part. I also had some other people narrow it down to mobo.

But to this day no one has been able to figure it what kind of problem in the mobo it was, and i havnt bothered as its a 3 year old comp.

try this:
Remove all your ram, and then fire it up. See if it gives you any beep codes.
m
l
!