Solved

Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Motheboard, no display - gone through checklist

Hello,

I am building a new computer. All the parts are new parts. I have attached the CPU and RAM to the motherboard (with onboard graphics). I don't see anything in my monitor. I have followed the no video check list as well.

Here are my components:

I5 760 CPU
2GB DD3-1600 PC3 12800 RAM
Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Motherboard
Onboard graphics

I have gone through this thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279073-30-h55m-ud2h-problem) and have done the 2 things it suggested:
- Update the BIOS (since I can't boot, I extracted the bios update files to a flash drive, and put connected it to the motherboard on startup)
- Clear the CMOS (I removed the battery for a minute and put it back)

This has made no difference - I still have no display.

When I click on the power button, the power LED lights up. The CPU starts spinning. All the CPU load LEDs are turned on for 5 seconds, then they all turn off. The CPU continues spinning. I have my monitor connected to the motherboard - no change through this whole process, blank screen. I tried a different monitor as well, same result.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte h55m ud2h motheboard display checklist
  1. Does it pass POST? Like, does it beep any?
  2. Best answer
    Oh my. The i5 760 has no integrated graphics. None of the quad-cores do.

The H55 chipset requires a CPU with graphics capability in order to use the graphics functions.

You will need a discrete video card.

Just to be clear:
    http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyId=42912
  3. Just saw your replies today (thanks to email notification).

:) That was it. I realized that and bought a video card and it worked. Thanks for your reply!
  4. Best answer selected by aipcdaish.
  5. Hi,

Saw your post ... I'm having the same problem even with a video card. I'm thinking compatibility issue.

What board (brand, model) did you use to make it work.

Regards,

Ed (ed @ bizmatch.com)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems