Swaping Hard Drives/Upgrading

Ajdin2013

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Currenty i havea 1.5 TB Hard drive thats 5400 RPM :(, its pretty slow at loading expecially since i'm a gamer by loading screen is a bit slow. I want a good hard drive, i know the SSD is becoming more popular so i wouldn't mind getting that. I need a recommendation on which one to get. I would like to keep the hard drive that i have right now as a back up to this one but also as memmory for Video/songs/pictures...etc On my main i would keep my OS, game and maybe some important programs that i would use. How wouldi be able to transfer my windows 7 to the new hard drive? How to make the 1.5 TB hard drive split into back up and also used for memory? Basically i need a step by step since i've never done this before and i don't feel like paying it for someone else to do it. Would i have to make any other moddifications to the tower/pc such as my power supply or anything else? Also if any other rcommendations please tell me since i'm the noob here. Thanks, i appreciate anything.

HP Pavillion p7-1020
AMD Phenom II 960T Quad Core Processor
8GB DDR3
Motherboard: N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)
Hard Drive: 1.5 TB
SATA 3.0 GB/Sec 5400
MSI Nvidia GTX 560 Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB GDDR5
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom