Catalyst 10.8 out,post your results

A-Ok here;

28tkejc.jpg

I have not updated for a while and just reading the release notes i noticed it said there is no longer a WDM driver included with the package. Is this new or has this been the case for a while ?

Mactronix

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
got a little issue here..after restart or reboot my screen is underscan,as soon as i open CCC it overscans back where it should be.What's up with that ?

-----------

er... still worrying (too afraid i guess) to update my driver (9.7).
Don't want to ruining my system. :)

Well, i'll see your results, guys...
maybe i change my mind after that. :D

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010

I am having the exact same problem. Every time I reboot, I have to open my CCC for it to detect and load my Overscan settings. I don't have to reset it. Just opening CCC and clicking detect displays solves the problem, but is very annoying. Again ATI is one step forward and 2 steps backwards.

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
::Also Battlefield Bad Company 2 now crashes. Every time I ran the game, it crashed again within 5-10 minutes of game play. Once with strobe light effect screen flashes (I thought I was going to have a seizure). All my other games played fine though. (MW2, L4D2, Borderlands was fixed it seemed, didnt get around to Starcraft though, as I reinstalled 10.5 as soon as BFBC2 wouldnt play). Also my desktop overscan lost its settings once without me rebooting, it was just idle on the desktop while I took some R&R at the BR.

al147

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Hi wastelanders and now for some public information.
Just updated my ati graphic driver and not all is well with 10.8
I reboot and my desktop screen does not fit my monitor, my overscan is set to 0%. I then have a fiddle round get it working. But when I reboot it goes back to being to small for my monitor.
I have a 5770 and im running vista64.
so save yourself sometime and dont bother.

^
I don't get what are you trying to say...
Where's "Scan whenever CCC is open" button?

Plus, my CCC only show Display Detection Option, not with "if my device is not detected"...

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

Yep ..windows experience index also draped down , roll back to 10.7 ,all good now. :fou:

This driver along with 10.8a crossfire profiles seem to work great for me, i got a performance boost in almost all games i tested and it seems i can finally play COD4 fine(with 10.6 and 10.7 it froze as soon as i went to a server), also CF seems to be working in it too, because with all previous drivers, i got more FPS with CF disabled(in multiplayer)
So i tested with AVP benchmark,Lost planet 2 benchmark and Mafia 2 Demo benchmark with 3 different drivers,
1_Catalyst 10.5 + Its application profiles
2_Catalyst 10.5 + 10.8 AppProfiles
3_Catalyst 10.8 + 10.8a AppProfiles
My FPS in Lost planet 2 and Mafia II was pretty much the same with all drivers, but i got a great FPS boost in AVP.
avpd.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Until ATI support provides a patch to 10.8 to fix this, here is an app that can be loaded to desktop which works to properly adjust the overscan and 'fix' the bug. This app properly adjusts the overscan on my Radeon 5770. Download to desktop, run at start up. It's a one click solution compared to opening CCC/Display/overscan/etc. each time the system is rebooted to properly set overscan.

Link. Download Tray App, save and run at startup.

There seems to be a bug with drivers newer than 10.5 with COD4,because with 10.6,10.7 and 10.8, if i don't disable Crossfire, then the game plays fine,but if i disable it,the game freezes(which doesn't freeze with 10.5 and older drivers)

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I have noticed that for some reason the mouse glitch is occurring less for me and it's easier to remove.

You usually get the glitch by moving the mouse to the lower right conner quickly in a game form my observation and you can undo it the same way.