Some Probs

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 23, 2004 11:20:22 AM

The chat text appears fractured. I can't read
it. I am running a P4 1.5 and a GT 4 TI4200 w/128.
At close-in one on one play, I am way too often
looking like an old-time movie with about a frame
per second. Are there tha many bad servers or
is this a common experience on my hardware level?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

NEXT ISSUE:
Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
Am I the only one?

NEXT ISSUE:
On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

NEXT ISSUE:
How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
the Impact thingy in their hands.

Thanks for any responses,
Fox

More about : probs

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 1:05:14 PM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

>NEXT ISSUE:
>Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
>Am I the only one?

Several people have reported this. You can either regress back or
wait for the next patch

>NEXT ISSUE:
>On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
>hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
>in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

Another bug. There is a fix for the servers, but nothing you can do.

>NEXT ISSUE:
>How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
>right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
>and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
>the Impact thingy in their hands.

Just press your "use" key, just like when you get into the vehicle.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 1:54:32 PM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

>NEXT ISSUE:
>Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
>Am I the only one?

I've heard other folks mention this, don't know how common it is.
I've had no problems personally.

>NEXT ISSUE:
>On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
>hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
>in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

I have no idea :)

>NEXT ISSUE:
>How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
>right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
>and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
>the Impact thingy in their hands.

An overturned vehicle can be flipped just by hitting the "get in" key.
No special weapon required. UT2K4 infantry are friggin' strong.

-s-
May 23, 2004 5:04:07 PM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

>The chat text appears fractured. I can't read
>it. I am running a P4 1.5 and a GT 4 TI4200 w/128.
>At close-in one on one play, I am way too often
>looking like an old-time movie with about a frame
>per second. Are there tha many bad servers or
>is this a common experience on my hardware level?
>Any ideas would be appreciated.

p4 1.6 here < two machines, one with ati 9000, the other 9800se
softmod for 8 pipes > playable on low settings, try it offline if it's
the same might not be lag, even low ping servers will exibit lag. More
likely a global traffic problem than host machine.

>NEXT ISSUE:
>Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
>Am I the only one?
patch hasn't been a problem for me, try cleaning the cashe
out...dunno.

>NEXT ISSUE:
>On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
>hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
>in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

very aggressive anti cheat protection, suppose it's just checking.

>NEXT ISSUE:
>How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
>right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
>and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
>the Impact thingy in their hands.

just press enter, auto flips....very nice

>Thanks for any responses,
>Fox

online as misery
!