Some Probs

The chat text appears fractured. I can't read
it. I am running a P4 1.5 and a GT 4 TI4200 w/128.
At close-in one on one play, I am way too often
looking like an old-time movie with about a frame
per second. Are there tha many bad servers or
is this a common experience on my hardware level?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

NEXT ISSUE:
Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
Am I the only one?

NEXT ISSUE:
On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

NEXT ISSUE:
How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
the Impact thingy in their hands.

Thanks for any responses,
Fox
3 answers Last reply
More about some probs
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
    >Am I the only one?

    Several people have reported this. You can either regress back or
    wait for the next patch

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
    >hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
    >in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

    Another bug. There is a fix for the servers, but nothing you can do.

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
    >right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
    >and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
    >the Impact thingy in their hands.

    Just press your "use" key, just like when you get into the vehicle.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
    >Am I the only one?

    I've heard other folks mention this, don't know how common it is.
    I've had no problems personally.

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
    >hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
    >in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

    I have no idea :)

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
    >right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
    >and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
    >the Impact thingy in their hands.

    An overturned vehicle can be flipped just by hitting the "get in" key.
    No special weapon required. UT2K4 infantry are friggin' strong.

    -s-
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:20:22 GMT, "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote:

    >The chat text appears fractured. I can't read
    >it. I am running a P4 1.5 and a GT 4 TI4200 w/128.
    >At close-in one on one play, I am way too often
    >looking like an old-time movie with about a frame
    >per second. Are there tha many bad servers or
    >is this a common experience on my hardware level?
    >Any ideas would be appreciated.

    p4 1.6 here < two machines, one with ati 9000, the other 9800se
    softmod for 8 pipes > playable on low settings, try it offline if it's
    the same might not be lag, even low ping servers will exibit lag. More
    likely a global traffic problem than host machine.

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >Since I installed the patch, I am having runtime crashes.
    >Am I the only one?
    patch hasn't been a problem for me, try cleaning the cashe
    out...dunno.

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >On some servers I am seeing a message that a speed
    >hack has been detected and at that point I cannot move
    >in any direction for about 30 seconds and then its ok again.

    very aggressive anti cheat protection, suppose it's just checking.

    >NEXT ISSUE:
    >How the heck do these people flip overturned vehicles
    >right-side up. I've seen some players walk right over
    >and turn them on their wheels. It appears they have
    >the Impact thingy in their hands.

    just press enter, auto flips....very nice

    >Thanks for any responses,
    >Fox

    online as misery

Servers Video Games