Asus 5870 Matrix Platinum problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Hello. My son bought a Asus 5870 Matrix Platinum edition card for his pc. He got it installed and it was working great. Got all the software installed. He was doing the CCC overclock on it and it got hung up and wouldnt do anything at all. He said he then tried to reboot the pc. The pc wont do anything. He finally turned it off and pressed the button on back of the card and that let him get into the bios. It will let him go into bios but he cant boot into safe mode. Im thinking it was a conflict with the CCC and the iTracker software that was running at the same time.
Since the pc wont do anything, is the card shot or can this be fixed by resetting the cmos? His mobo is Asus P6Tdeluxe. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Just incase you don't know, To clear the CMOS you have to unplug the power and remove the battery from the motherboard, Leave it for 5-10 minutes(although I usually get away with 1 minute or so) and then try rebooting, you should now be able to get into bios and all settings should be at default, I'm not sure if the CCC changed the clocks over properly(I.E. overclocks every boot) so you may still have to go into safemode.

As a side note, I dont know if the ASUS 5870 has it, but some cards also have a 'safe mode' feature on them. this may take some investigating. ::Starts investigating::

EDIT: Upon review you may have to use the Operating system disk to repair windows boot.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

Just incase you don't know, To clear the CMOS you have to unplug the power and remove the battery from the motherboard, Leave it for 5-10 minutes(although I usually get away with 1 minute or so) and then try rebooting, you should now be able to get into bios and all settings should be at default, I'm not sure if the CCC changed the clocks over properly(I.E. overclocks every boot) so you may still have to go into safemode.

As a side note, I dont know if the ASUS 5870 has it, but some cards also have a 'safe mode' feature on them. this may take some investigating. ::Starts investigating::

EDIT: Upon review you may have to use the Operating system disk to repair windows boot.

Solution

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Couple of more questions for you guys. Instead of clearing cmos can I just put the cd that came with the mobo in the computer and that will fix the bios? Also, if I have to clear the cmos, should I use the button on back of the mobo or do it by removing the battery? If I do it by pressing the button, do I just reach around and push it or does the psu cord need to be unpluged? It doesnt say in the manual. Thanks for all the help guys. I havent been able to get to this yet because I had to have umbillical hernia surgery last Wednesday.

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I can get into bios and do all the changes I want. I hit save and exit and ghosts when I get a blank screen and the Asus card is blinking green like it's in stand by mode. I just think the bios is messed up on the card but I'm not sure.

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Ok. I received another Asus card from my brother, installed it and went into bios and set my raid up again. PC works fine now except it wont let me download any MS updates. Also, all my drivers are missing like Razer mamba mouse, logitech G19 keyboard. I keep getting a 1719 error when I try to download any drivers. I didnt have to reset cmos so I wonder if I should to get this to work right? Please help.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Download the microsoft genuine advantage tool to validate your computer then attempt to try again, if it works its cause microsoft thought your computer has a counterfeit windows on it.

Might want to update your motherboards bios with asus's bios update tool.

then get back to us, Thanks.

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

I downloaded the program and it checked and it validated the my Windows 7 was legit. I tried to dl the windows updates and when it tried to install them I got this message. Failure configuring Windows updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.