Hello, i've about 19gb of photos and music file on my 32gb sd card. Just as i want to copy some file from it to my pc i got a notice that i need to format the the sd card. Right now i can't open the sd card to move the files to another drive before formatting. How can i backup this files before formatting.
Don't worry! You also could move the files to your PC as long as you take the right steps:
1. Insert your SD card to your computer via a card Reader and never format this SD card before you have got back all your files.
2. Run a third-party SD card recovery freeware to get back your files. As your SD card is asked to format, you also cannot access your files. Therefore, you need a recovery tool to regain your data before the format. Here is a SD card recovery freeware for you: http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2013/01/unformat-memory-c...
3. Mark the wanted files to recover. Sometimes, this freeware will scan some data that you have deleted or formatted before. Therefore, you need to select your wanted ones for saving time.
4. Preview your recovered data.
5. Save your recovered data on a different drive, not the same SD card.
6. Back up you important data regularly in the future.
Memory card not formatted error often happens when the file table is corrupted, but do not worry, you can still read data from the sd card as files are still on the memory card, but you need some special tools, follow this tutorial: http://goo.gl/dfgaV
Do not do anything to the memory card before you get back your lost files, this is because that if you write some files to the sd card, the new files could overwrite the lost files, and this will causes files to be lost forever.
Some other possible reasons which may causes the error on memory card include connection problem, if that's the case, you may try other usb port, or other card reader, or even other computer. If the memory card is not shown as a drive letter on computer, you may try to assign one to it http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...