4745454b

Titan
You'd have to define better. LCDs could be better because they are cheaper to buy, run, etc. CRTs could be better then TN panel LCDs because they have better color. LCDs could be better because they are lighter and easier to move around. CRTs could be better because you won't have to worry about ghosting.

For most of us a good TN panel LCD is fine for general use. If you work with colors for your job such as a photographer or artist/painter you won't want one. Doesn't mean you can't use an LCD, but you'll need one of the more expensive IPS screens or something like that.

On a personal note I was a long time CRT user. I didn't want to switch because I knew of the issue with the back lighting bleeding through so its impossible for an LCD to show true black. I watch a lot of Sci-fi so this is a big thing for me. I made the plunge and have been using an LCD for about a year now. It took about a day or two for my eyes to get used to it, but its fine now. Even the cheap TN panel that I have looks good.

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
LCD ---

COOl and Stylish to look as they are sleek.
Better COLOR renedering
Higher resolutions available,
You can hv big LCDs on the table and still look OK. Try putting a 32in CRT.
Better to eyes, a lot better.
Less space consuming.

CRT ---

Long term Investment. , more robust than LCD.
Cheap, these days.