Hard Drive not recognized.

xTactical Llama

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
So I built my computer and everything is running fine. Though it just occured to me that everything is being loaded to my SSD and since its only a 64 gb one it's just about out now. I also have a 1TB drive but I can't seem to find it on my computer. I do remember when I set up my BIOS that it asked me what drive I wanted to load my OS on and it listed both of them so I know it was recognized. The computer has only been running for 5 days so I refuse to believe that it already broke. My computer only shows my SSD and my Disk drive. Any ideas?

Solution
create a partition on it. in the prompt, keep hitting next basically, just make sure you assign a drive letter like D or E. once it formats the drive it will be usable and you should see it in My Computer

xTactical Llama

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

And I just wanted to add after I posted this I shut down my computer and opened up the case. All the connections are in place, and just to check I turned on the computer and could physically feel the Hard Drive running. So how do I get my computer to recognize it?

xTactical Llama

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Okay that worked. I see it. Now how do I get my computer to start putting files on that drive?

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
create a partition on it. in the prompt, keep hitting next basically, just make sure you assign a drive letter like D or E. once it formats the drive it will be usable and you should see it in My Computer

Solution

xTactical Llama

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

OKay thanks. It looks like everything is up and running as it should.