Sign in with
Your question

Where are the Sandy Bridge CPU's and MOBO's?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Sandy Bridge
Last response: in CPUs
January 6, 2011 2:52:04 AM

After all the hoopla, I thought all the stores and online suppliers would have the 1155 MOBO's and Sandy Bridge CPU's available right away. Doesn't look that way to me. Does anyone know when the CPU's and MOBO's will be more widely available? How long will it take for the prices to come down a bit? A couple of months? There seem to be some Gigabyte 1155 boards available now, but I haven't seen any ad's fot eh CPU's

The reviews on the CPU seem to be good enough to make me glad that I waited.

Anybody else know any more when these will all be available?

More about : sandy bridge cpu mobo

January 6, 2011 3:07:18 AM

garyhope said:
After all the hoopla, I thought all the stores and online suppliers would have the 1155 MOBO's and Sandy Bridge CPU's available right away. Doesn't look that way to me. Does anyone know when the CPU's and MOBO's will be more widely available? How long will it take for the prices to come down a bit? A couple of months? There seem to be some Gigabyte 1155 boards available now, but I haven't seen any ad's fot eh CPU's

Anybody else know any more when these will all be available?

The retail release date is January the 9th
January 6, 2011 3:10:09 AM

garyhope said:
After all the hoopla, I thought all the stores and online suppliers would have the 1155 MOBO's and Sandy Bridge CPU's available right away but I haven't seen any ad's fot eh CPU's

Not to say you can't read or spell, but there's a few hundred threads that answer all of your questions.

Short story.

I can walk in Monday to my local store and score a i7-2600k for $279( 1 day sale walk in only)

The mobos are already popping up everywhere.
Related resources
January 6, 2011 3:10:27 AM

If you are Intel sales strategy decision making person, knowing the market (not just in the US, but the whole world) is still full of 1156 CPU inventory, would you really introduce the newer, cheaper and faster 1155 CPU to the market right now in mass quantity?
a c 487 à CPUs
January 6, 2011 3:28:16 AM

It conforms with Intel's "Tick / Tock" strategy. New hardware with better performance generally spurs sales... as you can tell by the number of rabid posters just dying for a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Additionally, AMD also manufactures CPU so there's the competition to consider.

Lastly, an IT company with no new products looks bad to investors who would then dump the stock due to the lack of innovation and declining sales of current generation CPUs.
January 6, 2011 5:09:43 AM

2225557,1,60004 said:

Anybody else know any more when these will all be available?[/quotemsg

I'm glad I waited too. Looks like the i5 2500k can be had for $179. Microcenter has CPU's and the Asus mobo's. I'm looking at the P8P67 Pro or Deluxe.

http://www.microcenter.com/storefronts/powerspec/index....

a b à CPUs
January 6, 2011 5:25:30 AM

I'm excited for sandy, however I'm in no position to spend the money on a system that is overkill for what I do (gaming).

Damn tempting though!!

Compared to my 4ghz Q9550, the 2600K or 2500K @ 4.8ghz would finally be a strong upgrade.

If game developers would focus more on PC and a little less on consoles maybe I would!!!! =///

If you're using more than a 5870 you're using over 4xAA and gaining nothing. (I'm on 4870 crossfire max anything)

Come on developers make us another Crysis and blow our minds away again! It's been 4 years and most games don't come close and still are called 'good looking'. *sigh
January 6, 2011 5:35:10 PM

Thanks for the raply Swimswithtrout: Sorry for the typos and you're right, I do need the occassional spell check. I did search for availability of the SB's and 1155 Mobos, but must not have looked in the right places.

Are you a fisherman/person? I have a friend that fly fishes for trout. Those people are crazy. They're like golfers in their fanaticism.

So, looks like it's going to be a while before the i5 2500 and 1155 prices are going to be "reasonable".

Thanks.

swimswithtrout said:
Not to say you can't read or spell, but there's a few hundred threads that answer all of your questions.

Short story.

I can walk in Monday to my local store and score a i7-2600k for $279( 1 day sale walk in only)

The mobos are already popping up everywhere.

January 6, 2011 5:42:02 PM

I may decide to wait even longer for the the newer, faster, better, cheaper Dusty Road CPU scheduled to come out after the Sandy Bridge.
!