SLOW i7 and Windows & issues

Lux_F15

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Hi all, I have several issues with my PC, and here is my set-up. Im sure this is the right place to get help.

Windows 7 64 bit Professional
ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard
i7 920 processor
nVidia GTX 260 graphics card
6GB corsair RAM, DDR3
1.5TB SAMSUNG HD154UI ATA device harddrive

Problems:
1. Loading Windows 7 takes about 3-5 mins.
2. Upon loading, an empty black box appears near the middle of the screen for about 5 seconds, then moves to the top left and stays there for another 5 seconds, then disappears.
3. USB connected to the front ports aren't working properly, file transfers crash during the process.
4. Ipod dock usb connection regurlalry comes up as USB not recognized.
5. Interent Explorer 8 says "stop working" occasionally when closing them.
6. The weather and CPU meter gadget takes an extra minute to load upon start-up.

I hope I can find solutions to these problems, and I am more than welcome to aid you for more information.

Thanks

NoCanDo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

From what you've put I'm guessing that most of the ports aren't working correctly which leads me to believe that there could be a fault on the motherboard, or maybe a wire is loose connecting the board to something such as the processor.

Lux_F15

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Im currently only using 4 out of the 8 ports at the back, for which the ipod connection has issues. The front ports are not reliable at all as they seem to crash during file transfer. I didnt build my PC, it was custom built by a local, and I do not know how to do a MOT check on the PC.

Lux_F15

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Im currently only using 4 out of the 8 ports at the back, for which the ipod connection has issues. The front ports are not reliable at all as they seem to crash during file transfer. I didnt build my PC, it was custom built by a local, and I do not know how to do a MOT check on the PC.

You might bring this to the attention of the shop that built it....

Might have a weak PSU, bad mem stick, or mem not configured correctly (voltage/CAS timings/latencies)

I would check it with a single stick of mem at a time in required slot, if possible....

Might also simply be a botched install, drivers, etc.... or even a failing hard drive or SATA port. (Are you using a SATA serial cable, or older IDE/PATA port/drive? (check jumpers, CS, master, slave, etc..)

if you have no fear of reinstall, gather up your mainboard and gpu drivers onto a CD or USB drive on a computer that functions, delete /recreate your partitions, quick format, and start over....

Lux_F15

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Problem is it was a local shop when i was living in manchester, but now iv moved to london, may have to take to another local store, since big retailers wont touch it

Lux_F15

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Im using a SATA serial cable, the pc was only built a year ago. I have considered reinstalling windows, question is can you reinstall just WIN7 without wiping out all program files? That way, i can save like a week reistalling all the programs.