CPU Vcore Voltage Fluctuates

chris_bio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Hi,

While viewing the 'Hardware Health configuration' in the bios, I noticed that some of the voltages fluctuate. Is this normal, or is this a sign of a bad power supply (I am having random lockups, and am trying to track it down).

CPU-NB Voltage fluctuates from 1.211 to 1.214 V
+1.8V fluctuates from 1.856 to 1.859V

The only other thing that fluctuates is the fan speed from 1011 RPM to 1015 RPM, and the CPU temperature between 26C and 27C.

I have an AMD II x3 450 CPU

Am I worrying about nothing, or is this a symptom of some other problem?

Thank you

Solution
Those are excellent voltage variations and are controlled by the mobo not the PSU. The fan is excellent too.

I would suggest running Memtest86+ from a floppy, CD or flash drive to see if there might be a RAM issue. You could also re-seat the RAM, Vid card and CPU heatsink if you haven't done that already. Check cable connections too.

beenthere

Distinguished
Those are excellent voltage variations and are controlled by the mobo not the PSU. The fan is excellent too.

I would suggest running Memtest86+ from a floppy, CD or flash drive to see if there might be a RAM issue. You could also re-seat the RAM, Vid card and CPU heatsink if you haven't done that already. Check cable connections too.

Solution