"Language for non-unicode programs" What does it do behind?

peter

When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language
for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind?
Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings
modified?

It changes registry settings below
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage
ACP 1252 for English ( United States )
MACCP 10000 for English ( United States )
OEMCP 437 for English ( United States )
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language
Default 0409 for English ( United States )

Thanks
MUI fan

TRENDING THREADS