"Language for non-unicode programs" What does it do behind?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Registry
  • Windows XP
September 2, 2005 3:59:09 PM

When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language
for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind?
Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings
modified?

More about : language unicode programs

Anonymous
December 9, 2008 2:15:26 PM

It changes registry settings below
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage
ACP 1252 for English ( United States )
MACCP 10000 for English ( United States )
OEMCP 437 for English ( United States )
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language
Default 0409 for English ( United States )

Thanks
MUI fan
!