"Language for non-unicode programs" What does it do behind?

When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language
for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind?
Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings
modified?
1 answer Last reply
More about language unicode programs behind
  1. It changes registry settings below
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage
    ACP 1252 for English ( United States )
    MACCP 10000 for English ( United States )
    OEMCP 437 for English ( United States )
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language
    Default 0409 for English ( United States )

    Thanks
    MUI fan

Configuration Microsoft Registry Windows XP