i've upgraded from this setup

Mobo: ASUS P5KPL-VM
RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
CPU: C2D E8500

to

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X58
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX T1 3x2GB CAS9 2000Mhz
CPU: Intel Core I7 950(3.06Ghz)

My problem is when i turn on my computer it starts to show the ASUS Sabertooth X58 TUF screen and then it goes black and the options (in my case) to start either Windows 7 and Windows 7 (running a dual boot because i was trying to see if it was some software related that was interfering with my components) and either if i select one of them the Windows 7 Logo animation pops up and the text "Starting Windows" but then when the animation is 1/4 Done og ½ done then it freezes for 0.2 Sec and then the computer restarts.

When it boots up again, usually it comes with Launch repair tool og start windows normally, if i choose Repair tool it just fades the screen black and fades it up to the point just mentioned again where it says Repair or start windows normally..

im totally lost and i really want to get my new I7 System to boot. :cry: 

Sincerely
Ripjaws

More about : computer wont boot past windows startup logo

January 6, 2011 2:31:07 PM

Hey, I'd start with a bios reset.

Otherwise I'd say hdd / installation issue.

Take one drive, hard format it with the manufacturers software and re-install windows.
January 6, 2011 3:11:11 PM

beanoslim said:
Hey, I'd start with a bios reset.

Otherwise I'd say hdd / installation issue.

Take one drive, hard format it with the manufacturers software and re-install windows.

Bios could be a possible solution, about the HDD if i switch to my old setup it boots up perfectly fine and the boot device LED on my new board(sabertooth) aint lit up so there isnt any errors.

but when the windows 7 logo problem appears the CPU LED blinks 1 time and then it turns off and the RAM LED lights up and then it does a restart.

Ill just try to Reset bios and Clear CMOS

id be grateful to have more replies so i can solve my problem
January 6, 2011 4:25:39 PM

I've tried resetting bios(Took out bios battery) but with no luck, problem still persists with the windows logo thing.
January 6, 2011 5:10:03 PM

So you've changed mobo's, obviously you've re-installed your OS yes?

Are you saying if you use a different drive its ok?
January 6, 2011 5:20:05 PM

Well i created a dual boot on my old board today so i knew that there was no drivers that could be the problem. Its the same harddrive i used for the old board as i use now just on another partition(got 2 Win7 on 1 drive)

It boots fine on the old board but on the new it wont get bast Win 7 Logo animation
January 6, 2011 5:47:19 PM

Well it doesn't seem to have worked.
My only suggestion to try and solve your problem would be to format the drive and re-install on the new machine.
January 6, 2011 5:52:59 PM

okay ill be doing a fresh install on a whole formatted drive soon(have to do about 420GB Backup first
January 6, 2011 6:15:09 PM

im not able to boot even in safe mode if i go to safe mode it says it loads alot of drivers and dll files etc. and when they are loaded then in the bottom left corner it says please wait.... and then 2 sec after it reboots
January 6, 2011 6:30:29 PM

Just for info I've had some very wierd W7 experiances. I had W7U installed on a AMD PII machine. I had an old C2D machine that I was setting up and was going to use the drive out of the PII machine, switched them and fired up but forgot to set the boot order to CD Drive and it booted into W7 and started loading all the drivers, worked fine. Thought thats a bit wierd so I started trying other machines but it didn't always work. Then I had to set up a machine with a drive that had an old installation of W7 on but no matter what I did it used to recognize the drive, say it was formatting and installing but then everytime it finished and went to boot it stuck at the logo screen. I tried for hours re-installing, tested the drive with fitness tools, nearly smashed it up, changed sata cables...you get the idea.

Anyway the only thing left to try was a format so I put it in another machine, formatted under windows, tried again, still no go. Finally hard formatted using the manufacturer software, think it was a Hitachi drive and bingo, installed 1st time and worked a treat.

Now when I get any problem like this I go straight to the format option, seems to work.....usually. :D 
January 6, 2011 6:33:21 PM

what you mean by hard formatting using some software from the manufacturer. I use to format when im formatting my win7 so when im in the installition and it asks be which partition or drive i want it on i just choose format C:\ and then choose that for the drive isnt that a Hard format
January 6, 2011 6:45:11 PM

No, it may well work for you but as my long and drawn out previous post explained I had a situation where the only thing that worked was a hard format, write zeros or something technical like that to every sector.

Whats your hdd make and model?
January 6, 2011 7:03:40 PM

Seagate Barracuda 500GB i think the model is 7210.01 or 02

but i just tried (some guy on overclockers.com) advised me to create a penlivecd on a USB drive with a revision of Linux, i just did that so CPU RAM and Mobo has been shot down so they cant be the problem it MUST be the HDD or something, it boots perfectly fine from the USB so im lost again
January 6, 2011 7:30:29 PM

To make it short

Old board had IDE socket(my drive uses the IDE Ribbon cable)
New board doesnt have IDE socket = resulting in i cant connect the data cable hehehe.
January 6, 2011 11:14:07 PM

As i made a reply on overclockers.com ithink i would post it here too, just got a BSOD to get some info just ignore the first part (im getting some help for the ubuntu pen i created):::::

I tried that and it recognized all my drives(2 External drives (1TB and 500GB) my USB Pen (8GB) and my internal drive(500GB))

But i have managed to get a BSOD for a failure code so here it comes

0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9924) 0xFFFFFFFFc0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

i know the first sentence of numbers(0x0000007B) means INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE(Found thru google)
January 7, 2011 2:01:46 PM

Exactly what I have been saying, Seatools, format drive, start again.
January 7, 2011 9:10:09 PM

I have taken my step dads harddrive that i knew had no mobo drivers and such and my computer is now running.

Ill be buying a new DVD Drive and a HDD soon so i can get my own *** back again

and ill be doing backups to my external drive and so on....

Yes i swapped Mobo RAM and CPU from my old Mobo RAM and cpu on the same disk.

I can see my harddrive and i can read, write and open programs from it but i cant boot from it.
January 7, 2011 9:42:08 PM

So you just copy the files from your hdd, format it with Seatools and re-install W7 right??

Why do you need to buy a new hdd and dvd drive?
January 7, 2011 10:26:45 PM

DVD Drive is because my sabertooth aint having IDE socket for the IDE cable

HDD is because i hate moving stuff around between my harddrives. I might do it anyways so i can get back to normal again
January 7, 2011 10:28:38 PM

Oh right, glad you seem to be getting somewhere anyways.
January 7, 2011 11:02:51 PM

yea it is nice, at least i have got my PC to boot and it works like a CHARM! in games

for example CoD BO

Before on my C2D E8500 Setup the CPU usage % were on about 80-100 %
Now on my I7 Setup its running at 8-19%

Its so nice not to lag anymore, only thing that could be bottlenecking is my GFX which will be replaced soon
January 8, 2011 9:11:19 AM

ripjaws said:
yea it is nice, at least i have got my PC to boot and it works like a CHARM! in games

for example CoD BO

Before on my C2D E8500 Setup the CPU usage % were on about 80-100 %
Now on my I7 Setup its running at 8-19%

Its so nice not to lag anymore, only thing that could be bottlenecking is my GFX which will be replaced soon

Whats your card and psu setup?
January 10, 2011 6:11:42 AM

Nice, ill be receiving my SATA Drive today so i can get that bitch formatted so i can get my own harddrive again.
January 11, 2011 4:33:01 AM

hehe yea, i had it mounted yesterday, and did some serious backupping. Now i just need to double and triple check i have it all backed up and then ill do a format.
!