Help with new system / am i overdoing it?

CasLun

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hey guys, trying to put together my first ever home build. getting trired of the low quality of the market PCs.

All im using it for is WOW and cata when it comes (want to play it at highest settings) maybe some SC2 in ok setting and the random surfing/movies.

buying a 22" scrren with the new setup

Im not going to OC or anything like that . but i would like the system to be ok silent

This is what im looking at

Motherbord :ASUS P7P55 LX
CPU : Core i5 I5-760 8 MB (Intel Boxed)
GPU : ASUS ENGTX460 DIRECTCU/2DI/1GD5 (1 GB)
PSU : Corsair VX550W
RAM : Corsair XMS3 2 x 2 GB (4 GB) / DDR3 SDRAM / PC3-12800 / 1600 MHz
HDD : Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD502HJ 500 GB
DVD : Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S223C
Case : Antec Three Hundred - EU

So my question is, im i way off - am i overdoing it - would a I3 / smaller gpu be just as good? - is there a obvious mistake in my build / anything i have missed badly

Thanks

The P7P55 LX is not an SLI board, and despite claims to crossfire ability the second PCI-E slot only runs at x4.

Your list is nice though, and you do want the strong processor for WoW raids and such.

Since you don't collect a lot of games you might consider the Samsung F4 320GB. It's very fast and not expensive.

Depending on where you are shopping, you might find a Seasonic S12II 520W for less than the Corsair. It's a newer design and probably quieter.

CasLun

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Thanks both of you.

Know about the SLI. but doubt i would ever use it.

I took your advise on the RAM.

Only option on Seasonic in denmark - where im shopping- is the Seasonic S12 Energy+ 550 and thats about 40$ more than the Cosair , so think im gonna stay with the Cosair.

Same problem with HDD only option is Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI 2 TB - thats kinda the wrong way :)

But again thanks