Sign in with
Your question

Problem with freezing

Last response: in Systems
October 10, 2010 6:24:45 PM

The only thing that I have open is a web browser. the freezing doesn't happen during a game. It usually occurs when i come back to my pc after a bit. i'm not sure if this is a hard drive issue. i just built this pc. i have an asus sabretooth x58 1366, i7-950, corsair dominator 6gb 1600, and an sapphire hd 5850. the hard drive is seagate 1tb.

More about : problem freezing

a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 10, 2010 7:06:02 PM

You didn't mention the PSU.

It could be a driver issue related to screensaver or sleep mode, or it could be a PSU issue related to sleep mode.
m
l
October 10, 2010 7:12:14 PM

Proximon said:
You didn't mention the PSU.

It could be a driver issue related to screensaver or sleep mode, or it could be a PSU issue related to sleep mode.

I have a corsair 850w psu.
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2010 7:13:32 PM

Yeah. Everytime I leave and come back, the monitor would be asleep. I would move the mouse to wake it up. I'd see my own browser open. That's hardly anything, but it would be frozen at that time. It only ever happens at that time. I can play FFXIV or WoW for hours at a time without an issue.
m
l
October 10, 2010 7:16:14 PM

What website(s) do you have open at the time.

I've noticed some problems with Flash with Adobe doing 4-5 updates in the past few weeks. (Although it's only my browser that crashes, it doesn't lock up the entire system - FireFox 3.6.10)
m
l
October 10, 2010 7:23:54 PM

davewolfgang said:
What website(s) do you have open at the time.

I've noticed some problems with Flash with Adobe doing 4-5 updates in the past few weeks. (Although it's only my browser that crashes, it doesn't lock up the entire system - FireFox 3.6.10)

nothing unsual... I only have something like cnn.com or mmo-champions open.
m
l
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 10, 2010 7:24:03 PM

Check your MB drivers and then check the BIOS updates for any mention of the issue.

Also try changing your power saving options in Windows. Just change and save... certainly extending the time before the screensaver or HDD shutdown occurs won't hurt, and it may help you isolate the issue.

Speaking of which, check your Win 7 error log for hints to the issue.
m
l
!