TNT2 and Linux?

The linux installer readme says that it doesn't support TNT2s because of the
lack of S3TC. I'm going to get a better vid card, but in the meantime is
there a hack to get it running? Some comments in the readme suggests you
can run under software mesa, would that be a workaround? It runs under
windoze, and the ut2004 demo ran ok on this card (at all of 3FPS, but
still...).
TIA
Mikey

ravage

MikeyD wrote:

> The linux installer readme says that it doesn't support TNT2s because of
> the lack of S3TC. I'm going to get a better vid card, but in the meantime
> is there a hack to get it running?

Install the latest UT2003 patch.