Closed Solved

Can I RMA a card if it's been overclocked?

can I RMA a card if it's been overclocked?
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about card overclocked
  1. while overclocking, did you damage the card by any chance?
  2. no... it was a mild oc
  3. from 725 to 800... but two days later, the card started artifacting in the windows desktop
  4. read this example of RMA T&C's, this clashing with Limited Warranty!

in my experience as an Attourney, take it back and try your luck! the clauses are very ambiguous and you can work your way through the application!

just my thought

Dane
  5. okay... and the artifact is persistent even at stock...
  6. then return by all means!!!
  7. yeah... I really need them to replace this... I'm a 15 year old kid, and it took me 5 months to save up for this.
  8. Best answer
    you're a 15 year old kid and already a regular on Tom's? thats saying something!!

yeah take it back!! and show that cute face of yours, throw a tantrum and i'm sure you'll get away with it!! (only kidding though)

best of luck!!

Dane
  9. thanks mate... I'm gonna need it. And unfortunately, I can't pull the 15 year old needing a replacement routine 'cause I bought through newegg... anyways, I appreciate the help guys.
  10. Yeah just don't mention overclocking and send it back.
  11. rofl... I paid for this thing... and he doesn't know jack about computers...
  12. can't they tell if it's been overclocked?
  13. Not unless you BIOS flashed it with the OC, but even then you could just flash back to stock. If you OCed it using something like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision or whatever other program, then no they can't tell.

If you were to plug the GPU into another computer, it would just read like a stock card.
  14. okay... so you all think I'll be able to get a new one... how long do you think it'll take?
  15. Best answer selected by Martin 71.
  16. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics