G

Hello, This is my new system :
CPU :AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ 3.2GHz
MAIN:ASROCK 870 Extreme3
RAM :ADATA 4GB DDR3 1333 (2x2GB)
VGA :SAPPHIRE HD5850 1GB DDR3
PSU :GREEN GP585B
I have following problems
1 ) Poor Performance : I can not play NFS SHIFT in HIGH quality.
2 ) Strange Sounds : When I play games like Blur(TM) or Crysis in some points I hear strange sounds comming after a very short freeze in game (less than a second).

First I think the problem was with my sound card(Creative X-Fi) but after using my main onboard sound card i found that the problem is with my 5850 because when I tried those games with (XFX GT240 1GB DDR5) there was no problems.

--Is my power supply weak or my 5850 issue?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you running the most current ATI drivers (version 10.8)? If not, download them from:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-32bit

Be sure to install the suite version. You should also check at Creative's website to ensure you have the latest drivers for your X-Fi. Don't rely on Win 7 to keep these drivers up to date.

Last, if you are overclocking anything, you should stop until you stabilize your performance at the default levels.

Good luck!

G

Strange sounds was solved by using Win XP 32bit but in Win XP I even cannot play Blur(TM) in low quality and res1024*768 because of very poor performance.(like my old FX5200) what should i do.

G

I changed my Phenom II X2 555 to Phenom II x4 B55 by UCC and the performance in crisys is getting better but still it is not enough. should i by a phenom II X4 965?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Throwing more CPU and GPU at the problem will increase performance, but shouldn't be necessary. Are you running ATI Catalyst 10.8? Also, are you using the latest ATI chipset and Creative X-Fi drivers? Last, keep in mind that Crysis is a HUGE resource hog and will stress most any system.

G

in benchmarks 5850 gets 60 fps in very high quality 4xmsaa and vsync off (1650*1050). i am running in those settings with lower res(1024*768) and get 30~40 fps and even 10~15 fps in some points. (running in Win7 64bit)