Is it possible to flash a 2900gt to a 2900xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The 2900gt was a crap card for its time and was chopped when it came to vram. Check the card to make sure it is 512bit before you flash. If it is not then you are out of luck. The pro and the XT were fairly decent cards for their time while the gt was the bottom of the barrel like the 5830 is today.

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Did you thought twice??

Do you have an experience with flashing VGA BIOS? Probably not, like many of us. You can f**k up the card and then what? Do you have money for a new one? I just see no reason for flashing VGA BIOS. And where did you read that you can flash a VGA BIOS using one from a different card? I don't think that's possible. Please post a link.

If you want more performance, you can OC the card anyway (assuming you have good case cooling), or you can buy a new one if you have money.

The 2900gt was a crap card for its time and was chopped when it came to vram. Check the card to make sure it is 512bit before you flash. If it is not then you are out of luck. The pro and the XT were fairly decent cards for their time while the gt was the bottom of the barrel like the 5830 is today.

Solution

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

Even the 5670 beats any 2900 series card:D

zidane721

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

so if its only 256bit then its a lost cause? just to let u all know i am currently using a 4870, the 2900 is just an old card laying around and i though that i might mod it just for fun if it was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.