Hello, I was hoping I could get some advice on the motherboard to choose. Here are a set of parameters that I'm kind of looking for.
Goal: Maximum single graphics card performance, and utilizing my processor as a processor, not for onboard video or anything like that.
Extras like a 2x PCI Express 16x 2.0 slots would be nice, but I would prefer board quality and my goal criteria to be met first.
1. PCI Express 16x 2.0 (At least 1 of these, due to my price limitation it might be harder to get more)
2. USB 3.0 (At least 2x of these)
3. SATA 6GB/sec support (I'm assuming if it supports 6GB/sec it supports 3GB/sec)
4. P67 or Z68 Chipset (I found this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z68-express-lucidlo...) (Processor: Intel i5 2500 3.3 Ghz Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168..., I understand this isn't unlocked therefore not overclockable, that's ok with me.)
5. Solid Capacitors (Stuff like this that make it have better quality are important)
6. Warranty - At least a 3 year warranty.
7. I prefer Asus/MSI as far as brands, but I'm willing to look at other options.
8. Lastly the big one price, my limit is $135 USD. It's a tight budget, hopefully there is something decent at that price.
I use Microcenter all the time, I personally just bought this combo from them and I'm quite happy with it. When you add both items to your shopping cart the motherboard gets price reduced as part of a bundle offer with this chip.