• Flash Media
  • Internet Explorer
  • Format
  • Pendrive
  • USB Flash
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 19, 2013 3:10:49 PM

My 4 Gb sandisk pendrive is detecting . but cannot use ie. copy, create file etc. I cannot format the pendrive.

sreejith

More about : usb flash drive write protected format

June 20, 2013 4:55:51 AM

Only solution that worked for me is :

CMD -> Attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:/*.* (use your drive letter instead of G)

m
l
July 19, 2013 1:23:54 AM

sreejithpba said:
My 4 Gb sandisk pendrive is detecting . but cannot use ie. copy, create file etc. I cannot format the pendrive.

sreejith

m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2013 1:25:00 AM

Primo Solutions said:

m
l
July 19, 2013 2:18:30 AM

You may check whether it is corrupted or locked. sometimes it will be not accessible if it is locked.
m
l
October 2, 2013 2:45:48 AM

Primo Solutions said:

Hello,

I have HP-16 GB Flash Drive and for last 3 days trying different methods to Format it like:
1. Regedit ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies. Change the value for the key "WriteProtect" to 0
2. Through MS DOS in the Computer Startup.
3. Through Disk Management.
4. HP USB Drive Format Tool.
5. and now the solution you posted. but still got no luck :(  .

every time it gives the same error "The Disk is Write Protected"

Any other Clue???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sidhu
m
l
November 20, 2013 1:35:14 AM

i had the same problem and i downloaded hirens boot cd 10.2,boot up with the cd with the usb plugged in, selected partition tool, smart fdisk the deleted the partition,pressed enter to save the changes,then took out the usb put it in a pc then right clicked computer went to manage then disk management then created a new simple partition:) 

hope that helps
m
l
November 20, 2013 2:02:48 AM

wipe data
m
l
November 20, 2013 2:50:21 AM

tomeedison said:
wipe data

yeah i wipe everything since i wasnt able to put anything in it or delete
m
l
March 22, 2014 4:50:17 AM

Primo Solutions said:

m
l
March 30, 2014 1:31:46 PM

Hello,
I have this same problem and I have tried all the solutions that you had listed so I downloaded the utilities that you had said if the others didn't work. The problem is i cant get the program (AlcorMP_AU698x_RT_v1.0.0.14_L0117) to recognize my usb drive. I'm not sure how to use the program. Can you help guide me onto how to use it.
Here is what the Chip Genius program listed on my USB drive:
Description: [E:]USB Mass Storage Device(Kingston DataTraveler 2.0)
Device Type: Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.00
Current Speed: High Speed
Max Current: 200mA

USB Device ID: VID = 0930 PID = 6545
Serial Number: 001CC0EC3450ED3167140119

Device Vendor: Kingston
Device Name: DataTraveler 2.0
Device Revision: 0100

Manufacturer: Kingston
Product Model: DataTraveler 2.0
Product Revision: PMAP

Chip Vendor: Phison
Chip Part-Number: PS2251-61(PS2261) - F/W 05.09.53 [2011-11-02]
Flash ID Code: 983A9992 - Toshiba [TLC]

I appreciate the help

QUOTED SPAM REDACTED - SS
m
l
March 31, 2014 6:17:51 AM

Yeah thats my problem, I cannot get the write protection off the usb drive. I have tried all the steps outlined by user "Samy Youssef" and he had mentioned after completing all steps and if your usb drive is still write protected he said to re-flash it with manufactures flash utility. I have downloaded it but I'm not for sure how to use it.

i appreciate any help at all I hate to lose this usb drive, i think its still good if i can get the write protection removed

thanks again
m
l
June 27, 2014 1:26:49 PM

I also tried everything else and didn't work! This solution was the best for my Kingston DataTraveler 111. Thank you!!!
m
l
September 8, 2014 11:09:32 PM

Thank you man! I <3 U
m
l
September 14, 2014 2:04:40 AM

When I searched my flash drive's (flash drive is pqi) PID and VID, it didn't have anything under the UTILS column so I searched the chip part number instead (that seemed to be the most unique among all the info provided by Chip Genius). Found a utility by the chip vendor, had to run it a couple of times, but it got the job done! Thanks Samy!
m
l
September 18, 2014 2:22:07 AM

bro i can't understand of your words
column in the page from step 2
what it means ..i wanna repair my micro sd what i should do
mfurqan77@gmail.com
m
l
October 10, 2014 12:00:20 AM

I am also having the same problem and tried the solution you said but i could not find the software to repair my flash derive.Please help

m
l
April 14, 2015 2:06:04 AM

Hello guys
I have a problem with Flash Memory Type Transend a write-

protect incurable have you remove the data from the chip

Geniua did not show where the chip Number Unknown ?? When

using the Alcor 1.0.0.14 program this error appears (get

chip number fail) Please help and thank you
m
l
a b G Storage
June 16, 2015 9:50:07 AM

with windows 7 I get this from time to time I just stick the pen drive in my Linux rig and format it to fat32 and they work fine back in the windows 7

I did see guys say that can work with xp as well I think these a bug in 7 [maybe 8 -8.1??] that causes this but formatting them in Linux seems to fix that issue for me ??

good luck
m
l
December 4, 2015 10:56:28 PM

PLEASE pay attention. This works. Open your start menu, in the search bar type disk mana (and it should autofill to the right one) which is to create / format etc. Once here, it lists all your drives. Find your USB drive, you'll note on the left it says 'READ ONLY'. Right click it. Tell it to go offline. Wait for that to process. Right click it again, bring the drive back online. And it's fixed. Thank me, by replying and letting others know that this is the correct and only fix you need.
m
l
a c 219 G Storage
December 5, 2015 3:21:29 AM

Quote:
Thank me, by replying and letting others know that this is the correct and only fix you need.

No, it's not. The same symptoms can be caused by multiple problems. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
m
l