Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireless - radio off xp

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 1, 2010 4:27:35 AM

Hello,

Wireless raido off. Network Cable Unplugged. Can not connect to the inernet via wireless modem. XP

More about : wireless radio

a b F Wireless
August 1, 2010 5:40:03 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Wireless raido off. Network Cable Unplugged. Can not connect to the inernet via wireless modem. XP


[#0005ff]Have you tried turning wireless radio on? Is there a physical switch? Is there a wireless icon on one of the Function keys and if so, if you hold that key and the Fn key to the left of the spacebar at the same time, does wireless radio change to On?[/#000ff]
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 1, 2010 7:03:13 AM

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]Have you tried turning wireless radio on? Is there a physical switch? Is there a wireless icon on one of the Function keys and if so, if you hold that key and the Fn key to the left of the spacebar at the same time, does wireless radio change to On?[/#000ff]



No physical switch. when i hover over the wireless connection network icon on bottom right of screen, it says it is connected. when i run a diagonistic said wirelessradio turned off. when i try to launch internet explore it says canot display the webpage, like we are not connected cannot go to any websites even microsofts.

m
0
l
a b F Wireless
August 1, 2010 5:40:26 PM

Quote:
No physical switch. when i hover over the wireless connection network icon on bottom right of screen, it says it is connected. when i run a diagonistic said wirelessradio turned off. when i try to launch internet explore it says canot display the webpage, like we are not connected cannot go to any websites even microsofts.


Try right clicking that wireless icon and seeing what it thinks you're connected to - it may not be your network. Even if it is and the security key is wrong or not input at all, you'll have what they call limited or no connectivity so although you could be in the network, you're going nowhere else.

If you need to go into the router's settings, you may find my post #3 in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-s... useful.

m
0
l
!