Lacie FW400 Card & T.I. IEEE 1394 Driver???

I run a semi-professional recording studio and my entire recording setup revolves around a Lacie FW400 card (since my interface runs with FireWire, and everything else I have plugs into it).

Last night, I was doing some mixing, and the card was working just fine, I was getting audio to come out of of my interface, etc. I was mixing, right up till I turned the computer off. This morning, I booted up the computer, and my interface was showing it wasn't connecting to the FireWire. I went into Device Manager and saw that next to "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller," was a yellow exclamation point.

I tried updating drivers, no updates were found, I tried installing a different driver on my computer that says "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller," with the same results as with the previous driver. I uninstalled and Windows XP automatically reinstalled it, nothing. Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled - nothing. Tried System Restore to 2 days ago (when I know for sure it was working just fine), but it still didn't work.

Under Device Status, it shows:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Any ideas as to what could be the problem? I have clients coming in later to do some recording, and I'm afraid I'm probably going to have to cancel our session, because of this stupid FireWire card :(
1 answer Last reply
More about lacie fw400 card ieee 1394 driver
  1. Hello, and welcome to THG.

Your client might have to wait. If your device has always worked, this is strange. Have you noticed any minute issues with the device?
Ask a new question

Read More

Lacie Components