Sign in with
Your question

Lacie FW400 Card & T.I. IEEE 1394 Driver???

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2011 7:28:14 PM

I run a semi-professional recording studio and my entire recording setup revolves around a Lacie FW400 card (since my interface runs with FireWire, and everything else I have plugs into it).

Last night, I was doing some mixing, and the card was working just fine, I was getting audio to come out of of my interface, etc. I was mixing, right up till I turned the computer off. This morning, I booted up the computer, and my interface was showing it wasn't connecting to the FireWire. I went into Device Manager and saw that next to "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller," was a yellow exclamation point.

I tried updating drivers, no updates were found, I tried installing a different driver on my computer that says "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller," with the same results as with the previous driver. I uninstalled and Windows XP automatically reinstalled it, nothing. Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled - nothing. Tried System Restore to 2 days ago (when I know for sure it was working just fine), but it still didn't work.

Under Device Status, it shows:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Any ideas as to what could be the problem? I have clients coming in later to do some recording, and I'm afraid I'm probably going to have to cancel our session, because of this stupid FireWire card :( 
January 16, 2011 7:42:27 PM

Hello, and welcome to THG.

Your client might have to wait. If your device has always worked, this is strange. Have you noticed any minute issues with the device?
m
l
!