Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best gaming mouse?

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2011 8:00:54 PM

I started a thread before asking for the best mat (which was answered masterfully), for my mouse (I was looking at the RAT 9) but after seeing the RAT 7 as the same thing without wireless for half the price I might just throw the wireless freedom out the window and live with it.

Anyway onto the question, which mouse would be most comfortable for prolonged gameplay. Comfort is the utmost important, but after that would be features and durability.
At this point I don't care who makes it or if it's wireless because that seems to be out of my price range, not to mention I think I can figure something out with the cord related problems.

Looking for anything around 85$

More about : gaming mouse

a b F Wireless
a b 4 Gaming
January 6, 2011 8:11:46 PM

The Logitech MX518 is very hard to beat when it comes to gaming mice. Good luck!
Score
a c 204 4 Gaming
January 6, 2011 8:29:18 PM

This is a highly personal decision. These are the ones I generally recommend

Best Hi end Mouse:
Logitech G9x or G500 if ya don't like feel of G9x

Best Budget - Mid Range Mouse
Logitech MX-518 or M500
Score
Related resources
January 6, 2011 8:47:05 PM

I don't like the way the Logitech mice look really, not that I prioritized that on my list.
Score
January 6, 2011 8:50:31 PM

I don't think G9X is good for prolonged gameplay. If I use my computer for more then around 1 hour at a time, the G9X, using either grip really starts hurting my wrist and hand...I feel like the mouse is to small for my hand and since I have big hands I sort of crunch it to make it smaller and it puts my hand under stress, I wouldn't say its very ergonomic and comfortable, then again i might not be used to it after using my previous mouse being much larger.
Score
January 6, 2011 9:08:45 PM

Well after re-reading reviews I feel solid on the RAT 7, if I could just figure out a solution to the cord.

I mean I don't mind corded mice but with my current desk, the cord goes behind the desk down to the floor and into the port, and when I use the mouse i hate the feeling of pulling the wire up for more slack.

If anyone gets what I mean >.<

Maybe a heavier mouse would change that, or maybe it's just because of how the low end mouse is.
Score
January 7, 2011 6:49:26 AM

sowexly said:
I started a thread before asking for the best mat (which was answered masterfully), for my mouse (I was looking at the RAT 9) but after seeing the RAT 7 as the same thing without wireless for half the price I might just throw the wireless freedom out the window and live with it.

Anyway onto the question, which mouse would be most comfortable for prolonged gameplay. Comfort is the utmost important, but after that would be features and durability.
At this point I don't care who makes it or if it's wireless because that seems to be out of my price range, not to mention I think I can figure something out with the cord related problems.

You might want to consider a logitech track man. I have used one exclusively since early 1990's for gaming and everyday got one plugged into my KVM now running 5 Pc's off it. Everyone I have got to try the track man for a least a couple days to get used to it re-fused to switch back to a regular mouse. Less tiring on the hands for extended gaming as you only have to move your thumb. I keep my sensitivity of the mouse high it takes a bit of getting use to at first, but you can make unbelievably botlike fast 360 turns this way. :ouch:  To each there own this is my 2 cents worth of opinion.
Score
January 7, 2011 7:24:18 AM

Big hands + Palm Grip:
1. Razer Imperator.
2. Razer Lachesis.

I have the Imperator and it is quite simple awesome!
Score
January 7, 2011 7:00:14 PM

Only way a big handed person like me gets away with a tiny G9X is fingertip grip...G9X w/ a palm grip is a 100% nono for big hands. But its a great mouse though.
Score
January 7, 2011 8:09:07 PM

What mouse grip do you use?

You really want a mouse with the A9500 sensor. It is by far the best. It does NOT work with soft pads, however. I have no idea what pad your using.

For a palm grip, you want the Logitech G500 if you are on a budget, and the Roccat Kone+ if you can afford the extra.

For a Claw grip, you want the Steel Series Xai

The absolute best mouse, considering you can adapt to or use a palm grip, is the Roccat Kone+. The size and feel of it are great, it uses the best sensor on the market, and has the best software of any mouse out there.

I've owned the Razer Diamondback, Deathadder 3G and 3.5G, Logitech G500, and the Roccat Kone+, and I have used the MX518 and G700 extensively, so I have plenty of references if you need them.
Score
January 7, 2011 8:18:51 PM

sowexly said:

Sowexly,

I just bought a Rat7 and I absolutely love it! It has the capability to be customized unlike other mice! Customizable, weighty, feels really well put together. Tracking is smooth, clicks are louder then most mice, which adds to the feeling of being well built. Overall its a well built mouse, you get what you pay for. It's not the typical Razer mouse. It does take a little while to get used to it but I would highly recommend it! Also it's only $75.99 on NEwegg.com!

Hope this helps!

S1lent
Score
January 8, 2011 8:59:51 PM

Well I happen to now have a spending limit of around 180$ for a mouse.

Here are the reqs: Wireless, comfort, durability.

I don't really mind the customization of the RAT 9 but if I can save some money I could spend the rest on the mat, which I hear should be white so I was thinking about the Megasoma or the Destructor.
Score
January 8, 2011 9:04:06 PM

The RAT 9 has 2 batteries, Mamba can go cord'd.

I hate the wired hassle so I'm asking for wireless mice.
Score
January 8, 2011 9:24:10 PM

Indeed, but now I have to find the best mat for it.

I have another 60-70$ for the mat :D 
Score
January 9, 2011 1:01:57 AM

You don't need to spend that much money on a mat IMO, unless you really think you will notice a huge difference. However if you want the best of the best mat, people say look no further then razers lineup.
Score

Best solution

January 9, 2011 1:30:14 AM

The best wireless mouse I've ever used was the Logitech G700. The Mamba is not a good mouse, sadly. The sensors used in the new razer's and their current software troubles make it hard to recommend them.

The R.A.T. 9 would be great, but the sensor is pretty poor. With the Philips Twineye sensor in the R.A.T. series, you won't be able to pick up your mouse and the sensor isn't the most accurate.

Note that the Mamba uses the same Philips Twineye sensor.

The A9500 sensor in the G700 will serve you well. If you get this mouse then the best mouse pad for that sensor is the Steel Series 4HD or 9HD (only difference is size).
January 9, 2011 1:43:53 AM

Went with the Mamba, I have other things by them and people didn't recommend them either but after driver/firmware updates they were always amazing.

I read up a lot on the RAT 9 and the Mamba and I saw them as the same thing, the RAT excelled design wise but I didn't need a customizable mouse as the Mamba will fit my right handed palm grip perfectly, I had also seen a lower profile on the RAT which I know I could get used to but again for 50$ more didn't make sense.

The supply on RAT 9's was low, and with the reviews and updated information on the Mamba I couldn't say no to it if I was making wireless necessary, I only saw the RAT or the Revolution as alternatives and I didn't like the look or design of the Revolution, thus leaving RAT vs Mamba and with the same features I was going to use in the end from both the cheaper one was easily the winner. Not to mention I like matching my Razer with Razer.

So while you guys might not agree, now I would kindly ask which mat would work nicely with my new Mamba?
Score
January 9, 2011 5:53:26 PM

The Razer Scarab works very well with the Phillips Twin Eye sensor. Mostly, just stay away from black mats as you may have tracking issues.

Once you receive the mouse and spend time with it, you can decide for yourself whether the Mamba is right for you. No big deal. I hope you enjoy it.
Score
January 9, 2011 7:01:37 PM

Thanks for the info, I went with the Ironclad (I know pricey) but I should be able to keep it for a very very long time and it's easy to clean, keeps my wrist cool and has an amazing look to it.

Not to mention I could fend off any thieves of with my Razer pad xD
Score
January 9, 2011 7:05:27 PM

Best answer selected by sowexly.
Score
January 9, 2011 8:11:21 PM

Yeah the Ironclad will serve you well.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
January 10, 2011 6:02:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score