Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Crossfire
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 26, 2010 6:44:56 PM

Hello, first off I want to state that I have read the initial post about crossfiring GPU's but this is a more specific question.

I have an intel DP55WB motherboard with an ATI radeon HD 4850 GPU (and they work well together). I recently purchased another 4850 GPU, the exact same model and manufacurer, and I want to know if I can Crossfire them, i.e. does it have the appropriate slots.

When I purchased the motherboard the seller said it was fully compatile with ATI crossfire but I don't think it has the proper slots. Also it says in the crossfire compatibility chart it says p55 chipset is compatible but it does't mention it in the specification.

Please help, I am very confused. :??: 

More about : ati 4850 crossfire compatiblity

a c 207 U Graphics card
August 26, 2010 6:50:38 PM

The DP55WB does not have a second PCI-E 16x slot to allow you to crossfire, the p55 chipset does support it but your board doesnt have the slots arranged to allow it.
August 26, 2010 8:37:07 PM

thank you, I did eventually find an article which cleared it up once and for all but that doesn't help that (a) I cant to crossfire my GPU's and (b) I now have a useless Graphics card I purchased due to conflicting info. :pfff: 
August 27, 2010 9:20:19 AM

it would have been better had you sold the 4850 and bought a gtx 280.the gtx 280 is near a 4850 crossfire plus its a single card so less heat electrictiy
!