Epson Stylus R300 ME Photo Printer

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 8, 2005 4:08:54 AM

Just wondering if anyone had the above photo printer and if so are you
pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!

Hugs
Sally
January 8, 2005 4:08:55 AM

"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone had the above photo printer and if so are you
> pleased with it? Any info for or against is appreciated, thanks very much!
>
> Hugs
> Sally

I have the model below it (just for printing CDs), the R200. My take on the
R300 is that
the quality was so similar to the R200 that I didn't consider it, but did
look at the R800
which was noticeably better. Personally, I'd choose between the R200 and
the R800 based
on your needs.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 8:15:37 PM

I have one, love it. Have been using Espon printers for years, and
this is a great printer. I have had mine for over a year and have made
hundreds of photo prints. The only problem seems to be that when I
try to print many 81/2" x 11" prints on the premium glossy paper, the
rollers slip and I have to "help" the printer grab the paper. Maybe
some of the slickness of the paper is rubbing off on the rollers, but
I can't get to the rollers to clean them. If I run a few sheets of
card stock or matte paper through it it seems to clean the rollers.

Have never suffered a head clog (turn the printer off when shutting
down PC for the day)

Prints on CD-s with very good quality though the software is "consumer
grade"

robert Strom

BTW I paid 200.00 for this printer last year and now it is less than
100.00

!