Windows install problem

Tags:
  • DFI
  • Windows Vista
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2011 8:57:28 PM

Hello,
i have been trying to install windows vista on a board i just got(it was used). evry time i try it will just sit there and try reading the dvd drive and do nothing. i can put the dvd and hard drive in a difrent computer and it works fine.

More about : windows install problem

September 5, 2011 4:49:33 AM

Go into the BIOS and set the boot priority to DVD burner to install windows and after the install change it back to the hard drive.
m
l
September 6, 2011 2:12:58 AM

tryn said:
Go into the BIOS and set the boot priority to DVD burner to install windows and after the install change it back to the hard drive.

i have tryed that and it will just try to read the disk. i have also tryed using a hard drive that already has vista on it (my test drive) and it will bluescreen and reboot.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 6, 2011 10:24:12 PM

It's probably a defective motherboard then. RMA
September 7, 2011 12:03:17 AM

yea i brought it back to the store today, they gave me a new board, did the same thing. so i gat my money back ill just find another board some where else. the people at the store where trying to tell me that seeing how they got the board to boot there is nothing rong with it.( i have a box full of boards that will boot but are still bad...lol)
m
l
September 14, 2011 2:51:01 AM

Best answer selected by johnstormsr.
m
l
!