Asrock H61-VS Help

tryn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have a few questions about this motherboard. First, when I plug in a DVD burner, does the SATA cable go into the SATA ports on the motherboard? And second, which drivers do I need to download because on thier website there are a lot and I can't make sense of them.

Thank you for your help.

ps. I plan on throwing an i5-2500, 2x4 gigs of ram, and a radeon 6850 if it matters at all

Solution

Yes you need a SATA data cable plugged in from your DVD drive to one of the four SATA 3 Gb/s ports on the ASRock H61M-VS.

You also need to plug in a SATA power cable from the power supply unit to the DVD drive.

At a minimum you should at least download and install the following Drivers for your specific Operating System:

VIA high definition audio...

Yes you need a SATA data cable plugged in from your DVD drive to one of the four SATA 3 Gb/s ports on the ASRock H61M-VS.

You also need to plug in a SATA power cable from the power supply unit to the DVD drive.

At a minimum you should at least download and install the following Drivers for your specific Operating System:

VIA high definition audio driver ver:9400a
INF driver ver:9.2.0.1021
Intel Management Engine ver:7.0.4.1197
Atheros LAN driver ver:1.0.0.45
Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver ver:1.0.1.0.1008_PV

Download and install the VGA driver ver:15.21.10.64.2291 only if you are planning to use the Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphics processor.

At a minimum your power supply unit should have at least a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and with at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector to power a system with a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS