Merging Drives?

KeN_

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
So I have this old broken laptop and I decided to retrieve its 160GB SATA Drive for some extra space and backup. I bought a HDD Enclosure and checked it out, All my old files seem to be there. No problems.

When I connected it to my PC it showed 3 Drives: Drive E:, F:, and G:
E: was the old D: drive of my laptop
F: was the C: drive
and G: was the boot sector.
of course C: and D: are my PC's own drives.

I would like to know if its possible to merge all of these 3 subdivisions to just one and make it act like a normal (and very big) removal storage (a very big USB :D)

I assume you can copy of any files you want.

Then delete all positions (on that drive only)

to delete a partition

Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Right-click the volume, such as a partition or logical drive, that you want to delete, and then click Delete Volume.

Click Yes to delete the volume.

Http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Delete-a-hard-disk-partition

Then right click on the now empty space and select new volume. And just keep clicking next to accept the the defaults.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-and-format-a-hard-disk-partition

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

To apply this goal there are two methods,
First as other says, backup all your files to another disk ,then delete all the three partitions, then recreate a new partition, and copy your files back. This way is safe, but time-waster.

Second, use other partition software, such as AOMEI Partition Assistant, this tool enalbe you merge the three partition into one partition without data loss, and this way is simple and easy.

Here is a video about this method hope it could help you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGMd3RjIrrQ